Perishing hose

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
Hi guys, just serviced my 007P this evening and noticed that this hose is showing some early signs of perishing at the end. What is it & does anyone have a part #? Cheers.

DSC_0003-2.jpg

It is your Brake servo supply, dont have a part no though...

Nope, its evap...

The rubber bit is crimped on to the metal pipe... you can carefully cut through the crimp part (its like a ferrule thats crimped on) and replace the pipe with suitably sized silicon (6mm or 8mm ID from memory) and secure with cable ties...

<tuffty/>

Nope, its evap...

The rubber bit is crimped on to the metal pipe... you can carefully cut through the crimp part (its like a ferrule thats crimped on) and replace the pipe with suitably sized silicon (6mm or 8mm ID from memory) and secure with cable ties...

<tuffty/>

That's good to know Paul, I checked mine over the other day and saw some minor cracks, then saw it was a metal pipe the other end, which got me thinking how much a replacement would be?! I will replace mine sometime soon.

Cheers.

cut it in line with the metal tube as so to split it open... its quite thin and the rubber hose is underneath...

<tuffty/>

Nice one chaps - knew you'd have the answer. There are some small hairline cracks just appearing near the 90 degree bend. Only thing is, zip ties are a no-no in my engine bay. C'mon tufty, you know that! I'll source some black silicone hose & small jubilee clips etc to keep it all looking professional.

Am I correct in my thinking that this is part of the mechanism which directs vapours from the fuel tank into the inlet manifold via the charcoal canister?

Nice one chaps - knew you'd have the answer. There are some small hairline cracks just appearing near the 90 degree bend. Only thing is, zip ties are a no-no in my engine bay. C'mon tufty, you know that! I'll source some black silicone hose & small jubilee clips etc to keep it all looking professional.

Am I correct in my thinking that this is part of the mechanism which directs vapours from the fuel tank into the inlet manifold via the charcoal canister?

Cable ties are fine... you just turn them around so the 'clip' bit isn't visible... :p

And yes, its part of the evap system (charcoal canister)

<tuffty/>