RS4 front bumper conversion

Jpd89

Reaction score
I need a new front bumper and as its seems difficult to get hold of standard s3 bumpers I'm thinking of trying to get a rs4 one instead. I've seen a few threads from a few years back but was hoping someone with recent experience could point me in the right direction of a decent quality bumper? Are there any drawbacks or modifications needed?

Cheers again!

Jack

There are usually always people breaking S3's on ebay or on here....you should be able to pick one up for around £120-£180 depending on the condition. I would have thought that RS4 ones are more expensive.

I've messaged every s3 being broken on eBay and all bumpers have either sold or can't be posted. Ideally I'd just get a s3 bumper, but I don't mind paying a bit more for a rs4 one as they look pretty mean!

If its hard to find s3 ones its going to 100x harder to find a good rs4 one (seeing as there were only 400 ish bought to the country)

Undamaged RS4 bumpers are pretty rare, saying that I have a spare but there so hard to get hold of Im keeping it!

The damaged one cost me somewhere in the region of £150-£200 FYI

Just FYI I ended up forking out for a brand new S3 front bumper earlier in the year from the stealers- think it ended up costing around £330ish - without a grill or inserts

I would think that theres alot of modding involved, slam panel, crash bar, headlights adjusting, not to mention fixing the ****** on there.

Good luck tho, sure itl look cool!

Looks nice....I just hate reading things like

"By purchasing these parts you accept that some may require more or less adaptation to enable a perfect fit."

Will you be fitting and spraying it yourself? Or have you got a body shop in mind?

Will be taking it to a body shop! Yeah it's annoying they say some modifications may be required! Puts me off a bit. Although probably work out no more expensive than a new standard one?

I take it back, after seeing the links provided the s3 bumper looks 10x better than any of them.

Id just travel to find an s3 bumper, gotta be better than ruining your s3.

Just my 2p.

I'm worried about the quality of anything other than a genuine bumper, and they're going to be hard to get hold of.

Standard s3 with side vents would be another option

6F4BEF82-35B9-4B3E-98CF-52CC110262BB-23209-000009D18EB59F7C.jpg

What's up with your bumper at the moment then?

100_3503.jpg

That was my wifes car, the bumper was made from 3 different bumpers from memory as was as OEM as you'd get. We paid a few hundred, and we bought it used. The original owner spent laods more getting it made

Wow mark, there's some serious work gone into that!

S3 bumpers are built better IMO too the grills are thought out a lot better

Venom have stopped selling the vents now and seems to be the only place that you could get hold of them from!