Beginner Vag-com user; few questions not found in stickies

Squirrelofdoom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I recently acquired a "Fully Registered / Activated" version of VAG-COM release 311.2-N. While going through Ross-tech's wiki trying to find out how to perform various tasks I noticed that my interface looks different / different options on the main screen etc, and VAG-COM rather than VCDS on the main page. Stuff like the ross-tech wiki shows SRI Removal on the front page, whereas mine shows Control Module Finder in that place and has Macro-Functions greyed out rather than Applications like the ross-tech site....

So my (stupid) question is; is there a different between VCDS and the VAG-COM that I have? I see on the ross-tech site there seems to be a way to upgrade from 311 release VAG-COM to a VCDS license? Have I understood this correctly? I think I can still do stuff like scan for codes, log data etc with my version; but stuff like calibrating the headlight leveling system I would need VCDS?

Apologies for the noob questions, am a proper beginner with this software!

Thanks guys,
Aran

saw that, thanks Sandra. Am so used to posted my questions on the 8L forum that I completely forgot to post the question in the relevant forum lol

saw that, thanks Sandra. Am so used to posted my questions on the 8L forum that I completely forgot to post the question in the relevant forum lol

Hey its cool Aran. It was no hassle. :) x