k04 charge pipe an questions!! :s

Reaction score
hi all, im tryin to get my engine bay a bit of a make over!

just a few quick questions! :)

- the 'charge pipe' can it be polished or can you buy chrome ones from somewhere!? :s

- the hose that connects to this 'charge pipe' from the FMIC how do i find out what size this is for a new forge one!? i have a forge front mount but not sure which! :s was on car when i bought it!

- also i want to polish up my intake manifold, do i need a new gasket for this!?

thankyouuuu! :)

It can be polished, its made from stainless steel... Forge sell hose kits to replace the OE rubber hoses... I would change the inlet gasket if you remove the inlet manifold as they normally destroy themselves as you pull the manifold off

<tuffty/>

Forge do a polished one,but they are hard to come by,i did my inlet charge pipe myself,but is hard work,search google for places that would polish it for you (alloy wheel refurb) place mayby.dnt need gasket for inlet.and if you speak to forge,they would direct you to which pipe hose,best to ring them,there a freindly bunch.

Don't buy a forge one.there about 100 quid for what you essentially already have.I think its a diy job really.take of the charge pipe,inlet manifold and even the rocker cover if you up for it.give em a lick of paint or polish em up

yeh thats my best bet i think! get down to bnq! is there any way of finding out what front mount i have like is there a model number on it somewhere or anything? ta.

No part numbers... Forge only make one... AH Fabs make two versions, could also be a universal one but makes no odds as the Forge top hoses replace the existing OE ones and will fit onto what ever pipework the FMIC already has for it..

<tuffty/>