Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vrbob

Thread: Southcoast Assistance

Neutral

Status

Southcoast Assistance

Hey guys i wonder if theres anyone on here near portsmouth that has any knowlege in suspension/handling setups and could inspect mine for a few beers and give me some suggestions on how to improve it. I'm a complete ingrate when it comes to handling and dont know my arsehole from my elbows.

Cheers in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Am in southampton mate and your more than welcome to have a looksie at mine at some point if you like. I am no expert but my car does have uprated shocks and spriongs and has been polybushed too.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Neutral

Status
    Spot on Bob if i survive the ring ill try and arrange a meet up with you pal

Cheers

Status
    No probs, am sure you will survive the ring just remember its not a race its a spirited drive with no oncoming traffic

yeah we can sort something out when your back and i look forward to hearing about it as a Ring trip is on my list of things to do.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Neutral

Status
    I'm in portsmouth, can have a look for you but poly bushes ftw

Neutral

Status
    will have to meet up

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Lots of people near by! We should get a little hampshire meet on the go!

I'm only 35 mins up the road in Basingstoke, used to live in Pompey though
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

1st Gear

Status
    Im in Portsmouth too, mines polybushed but no changes you suspension yet apart from R32 rear arb.

Your welcome to have a look at some point.
    2003 S3 BAM 225 Dolphin grey, Silk Nappa Leather, Bose, Cruise control.

Mods; custom code stage 1, S3 8P gear knob, pipercross panel filter, APR diverter valve, Forge TIP, Powerflex bushes, R32 rear anti roll bar, spacers F 15mm R 20mm, haldex race controller, Bilstein b12 pro kit, Porsche 996 turbo brakes.

Neutral

Status
    Like prawn said prehaps a meet up would be a good idea?

Status
    We have had a couple of south coast meets in the past hyear down at Beaulieu motor museum but that has mostly been Me and a few guys from the Dorset/bournemouth way like JtotheD and Future on here.

Would be up for a Pompey meet as always good to meet more forum members. We could always go down the proper chav route and meet up on Portsdown hill and annoy all the proper boy racers in their souped up saxo 1.1`s etc.

Also as bonfire night is coming up we could always go down the pyro technic route and buy some fireworks and go let them off on portsdown hill and have a meet at the same time lol
    WillJP likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Love the sound of a meet on the Hill !!! that would be ace and we could have a burger from micks, also like the idea of a bit of pyro fun muhahahaha

Status
    Yeah the burger van on the Hill is legendary as is the monster burger they make lol

Yeah fireworks over pompey is good fun have done it a few years ago its kinda like raining down fire onto pompey town you just have to find one of the little car parks without too many doggers and teenage couples shagging as they done appreciate the pyro technics as such lol.

Nov 5th is a monday this year so we could have an evening meet after work or maybe sort something out for either the saturday or sunday as we could then meet in daylight and wait for darkness before unleashing hell on pompey town

If we could get 4+ people and all buy £10-15 worth of explosives (remember bigger is better in this case) it should be a reasonable show

1st Gear

Status
    yea meet at burger van would be cool.
    2003 S3 BAM 225 Dolphin grey, Silk Nappa Leather, Bose, Cruise control.

Mods; custom code stage 1, S3 8P gear knob, pipercross panel filter, APR diverter valve, Forge TIP, Powerflex bushes, R32 rear anti roll bar, spacers F 15mm R 20mm, haldex race controller, Bilstein b12 pro kit, Porsche 996 turbo brakes.

Status

Southcoast Assistance

If you go in the local meets section of the forum you can start a thread in the south east section and we can try to sort out a Pompey meet...

Neutral

Status
    Portsmouth meet, Lets do it!

Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    We have had a couple of south coast meets in the past hyear down at Beaulieu motor museum but that has mostly been Me and a few guys from the Dorset/bournemouth way like JtotheD and Future on here.

Would be up for a Pompey meet as always good to meet more forum members. We could always go down the proper chav route and meet up on Portsdown hill and annoy all the proper boy racers in their souped up saxo 1.1`s etc.

Also as bonfire night is coming up we could always go down the pyro technic route and buy some fireworks and go let them off on portsdown hill and have a meet at the same time lol
    lmao! I genuinly do have bangers and letting them off up the hill in the middle of the chav-mobil gatherings is always funny ha

Neutral

Status
    OKay Seeing as theres some intrest in this how about we organise something for the weekend of the 3rd?

Let me know would be good to meet a few of you!!

1st Gear

Status
    id be up for it aswell, im not too far away either being just north of dorchester id prefer southampton but if its portsmouth its portsmouth
    A3 1.8TQS Minge blue
    Mods: AP coilovers, Strut Brace, Merc wheels, S3 brakes, hopefully going BT soon