JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

what to use tensioner kits

hi all a quicky what tensioner kit would u use if u was doing an engine build..

INA manual tenstioner kit or standered tensioner kit also do i replace the lot dampers all of it as my engine is in the car or just get a new tensioner thanks.
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Std tensioner is fine for your power level/setup... manual tensioners are mainly for when you have uprated valve springs and cams...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    thamks tuffty ill just buy one from gfs the thanks do u no if the pin comes with this
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Yes they do... don't pull it until you are sure... always double check the belt as they have a habit of ending up a tooth out...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Ye thanks ill make shore first tuffty

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Yup, mine ended up a tooth out after I fitted a new belt, Paul said to check it, and if I'm completely honest, I almost didn't bother as I was 100% confident it hadn't moved whilst I swapped the belts over.

Trusting Pauls knowledge, i decided to humour him and spin it over once to check timing, and bugger me, it was a tooth out!

Standard hydraulic tensioner on mine too Gaz.

The INA manual tensioners are a rip off anyway, they're just a standard hydro one with the insides removed and replaced with a bolt!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks prawn I new it was a rip but said I needed it so said no ill buy the rest of the kit tho Wich I'm buying tonight rods and That maybe get back on the road then ha.

gfs I'm getting mine £35 they want pal