what to use tensioner kits

s3gazz

Reaction score
hi all a quicky what tensioner kit would u use if u was doing an engine build..

INA manual tenstioner kit or standered tensioner kit also do i replace the lot dampers all of it as my engine is in the car or just get a new tensioner thanks.

Std tensioner is fine for your power level/setup... manual tensioners are mainly for when you have uprated valve springs and cams...

<tuffty/>

thamks tuffty ill just buy one from gfs the thanks do u no if the pin comes with this

Yes they do... don't pull it until you are sure... always double check the belt as they have a habit of ending up a tooth out...

<tuffty/>

Yup, mine ended up a tooth out after I fitted a new belt, Paul said to check it, and if I'm completely honest, I almost didn't bother as I was 100% confident it hadn't moved whilst I swapped the belts over.

Trusting Pauls knowledge, i decided to humour him and spin it over once to check timing, and ****** me, it was a tooth out!

Standard hydraulic tensioner on mine too Gaz.

The INA manual tensioners are a rip off anyway, they're just a standard hydro one with the insides removed and replaced with a bolt!

Thanks prawn I new it was a rip but said I needed it so said no ill buy the rest of the kit tho Wich I'm buying tonight rods and That maybe get back on the road then ha.

gfs I'm getting mine £35 they want pal