Creaking from n/s rear

Pontio

Reaction score
Hi ppl, Noticed yesterday that the passengers side rear suspension creaks when going over speed bumps and sometimes knocks. havent done anything to it recently, fitted bilstein shocks, H&R springs and forge arms about 2 months ago but its been fine untill last night.
Any ideas?
Im hoping its something simple and cheap and some1 can tell me what it is.
Thanks for all help. J

Be anti roll bar bushes, which are integral to the suspension unit- had mine done last year

thanks for the links markb but the majority of posts i find are of the front creaking, mine is definetally the n/s/r..

same problem more than likely the ARBs, mine has now been fixed twice in the last year, first time the guys at Audi Plymouth identified it as being just the joing creaking, and stripped / cleaned everything and it was ok for about 10,000 ish motorway miles. then Audi, then AmD said it would be the ARB and bushes, so when I had everything else done had those replaced, the creaking has got a lot quieter but it's still there over uneven roads, so I've been told by AmD it's the rose joints that are still creaking.

Will be getting a second opinion this week hopefully as I want to see under the car with the mechanic, and didn't have time at AmD to sort that out.

hope you get it sorted!

I've posted on this before. My brother runs the workshop in the local Audi dealer (hence the reason for having an Audi) and ,when I had this problem, told me of a TT they had in the workshop for a week. Owner complained of creaking from the n/s rear ,especially when traversing speed humps (big suspension movement). They had the car for a week and in that time stripped all the interior rear trim out and stripped the rear suspesion and rebuilt it.
Problem went only to return a month or so later. Audi Technical had issued no bullitins relating to said noise, so he called them, explained the problem, they made suggestions, he said he'd already tried.
While on a course with Audi for a new ABS system and talking to other techs he mentioned the problem TT to be told by another tech that he'd hads the same problem and after a week or so found that turning the road springs half a turn cured it.
He asked if he had told Technical about it and was told yes. They had not thought it widespread enough to issue a bulletin.

Not saying this is your problem, but it worked on mine.

Chris.

Thanks for the replies, have a look at that on the weekend, any other suggestions also welcome