Squeak of death

anderswhk

Reaction score
What causes this squeaking? The sound is produced when i let go of the brakes slightly, and the car is on a hill. You can hear it when i enter the car aswell. Well obviously one would think its the brakes, but it also tend to happen when i do a sharp turn, or i drive up or down a high curb, just not as loud. The car has brand new suspension, discs and pads all around. It produced these noises before those things went on. It really ****** me off, because the car is in really good shape all around, except for this, which makes it sound like an old piece of ****.

The sound is clearly comming from the front.

Anyone got any idea what it might be?

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds horrendous mate, sounds mechanical based, so what suspension has been replaced? The brakes arnt sticking are they? Hows all the exhaust mounts?

Stone in the pads would be my first port of call, strip the brakes down and emmery cloth the pad faces.

Exaust mounts are fine, the exaust is brand new, and the suspension was changed from OEM to H&R Cut Kit which lowers 35/35. The car is in neutral gear, and the sound is there no matter if the car is on or off. Its just me working the brake pedal.

Sound is there aswell when i have parked the car, hand brake is not on, and i just jump up and down in my seat like an idiot.

Have you stripped down and re-assembled the brakes yet?

If it is related to the brake pedal then that's the first place to look.

Not yet, i just shot the video like an hour ago. I just figured that if it did the exact same sounds before the brakes and pads were changed, then its probably not that.

I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago, turned out to be a stone jammed between the disc and the guard. To find out which side jack the car up and spin the wheel, you will no immediately which side it is.

My a3 is the same, still trying to find the cause, its annoying and thats putting it polite.:sob:

If it isn't the discs and pads then it can only be two other things.

****ed shocks knocking in the body, or an issue with the hubs. I'd say the latter.

I'd still check the discs and pads though, as most people are ******* and can't even make a sandwich right let alone fit a set of discs and pads.