Finally some good news

AARON77

Reaction score
Hi guys
wow it's been a long time I know, but since melting a piston early this year, and some major issues in which direction to take
I decided the 2.0 tfsi engine that I had and was going to have fitted was just not worth the hassle & $$$$.
so I then bought nick Wallace 1.8t 70k S3 engine and had that fitted along with a fmic! The plan was to then sort out the fuelling and run smaller shot of nos on her to be on the safe side as the 100 shot was clearly tooooo much!
On completion of the engine replacement I was a happy bunny the car pulled really well, the lads @ LVS racing had done an amazing job as the engine bay was an absolute mess when they had received it and had never looked soo good when I got it back
Then like the **** that I am instead of taking it to chalice to let the nos lads work there magic I took upon myself to hook up the nos kit!!!
And what an epic mistake that was not even half an hour and melted no1 piston again :(
i managed to limp it bak to lvs racing & the lads were in total disbelief as you can imagine.
after striping her down the damage didn't look to bad, they had some parts from Aaron's S3 graveyard laying about and managed to get away with swapping a piston and two valves over, happy days or so we thought !!
After firing her up she went down on idle due to a cracked head!
For the 9 months of joy I had with the nos I eniveitably wanted more and more and brought on 9 months of hell thereafter
ho hum you live and learn

Soooo after a good 4k wasted I've now decided to go big turbo
the nos kit has been sold, and this lot has been bought
gt28
3" downpipe
backdraft manifold
genesis 550 injectors
aem boost controller
aem AFR
the new engine I have is being bored to a 1.9 with a complete build by the LVS racing team

Will keep you posted now I've decided to be sensible

Last edited:
I've owned my s3 for 5 years money doesn't bother me anymore
trying to tune and modify any car is an expensive game
and that we have to understand or you soon get bogged down by it all
its a toy & nothing more than that

Should be about the same as a ko4 hybrid :laugh :

Should be good Aaron, Dons car was fantastic!

I'm sure you won't mind saying this, but sometimes, you're a right Tit :wub: that's why we love you :laugh:

Glad you've seen the light and stopped playing with cheat gas. let the baby GT be a gentle introduction into the world of big turbos for you!

I propose 2 years probation on the 2860 before you're allowed anything larger. for your own sake!

Good to hear your getting back on the right track now Aaron. Patience is all you need now. :) x

Good to see you back on track mate.

What sort of figures are you hoping for with the GT28?

I would like to hope 340/350 maybe:-/
and she's getting the whole stripped out treatment so will be a better power to weight ratio :)

Im sure someone will put me str8 on that(prawny) :p

Should be about the same as a ko4 hybrid :laugh :

Should be good Aaron, Dons car was fantastic!

I'm sure you won't mind saying this, but sometimes, you're a right Tit :wub: that's why we love you :laugh:

Glad you've seen the light and stopped playing with cheat gas. let the baby GT be a gentle introduction into the world of big turbos for you!

I propose 2 years probation on the 2860 before you're allowed anything larger. for your own sake!

I just like to try and be a lil different it was fun for the 1st 2 engines but then it wasn't funny anymore £££££

And 2 years probation "no way" end of next season matey I'm going up a size or 2 ;)

Was heart breaking stripping dons car !
Just all wrong to break a perfectly good car
But on the plus side it lives on in the club and he will never get his **** kicked by his own car

I would like to hope 340/350 maybe:-/
and she's getting the whole stripped out treatment so will be a better power to weight ratio :)

Im sure someone will put me str8 on that(prawny) :p

Stripped out it'll be awesome Aaron, being a small GT unit it spools quickly and it pretty punchy low down still. Don's certainly felt lively! Most tuners tend to see 330-340 from the 2860's, they supposedly run 350 flat out, although Niki has mapped one last week which saw 360bhp / 330lbft on his dyno, so it's possible.

For you I think it'll just be nice to have the power there the whole time, and be a bit more reliable :)

Are you fitting a monster clutch like Don had too? The launches on that thing were insane!

Its been emotional to say the least

i can imagine Aaron, but your going in the right direction, and you have good people helping you achieve what you want, and you have all the knowledge of westy and prawn, those two are an awesome example of what can be done. Your in elite company there. (hope there heads dont get to big with my compliments) lmao. Have a good day Aaron, and remember to keep this thread updated so i can follow your progress. :) x

Stripped out it'll be awesome Aaron, being a small GT unit it spools quickly and it pretty punchy low down still. Don's certainly felt lively! Most tuners tend to see 330-340 from the 2860's, they supposedly run 350 flat out, although Niki has mapped one last week which saw 360bhp / 330lbft on his dyno, so it's possible.

For you I think it'll just be nice to have the power there the whole time, and be a bit more reliable :)

Are you fitting a monster clutch like Don had too? The launches on that thing were insane!
Ive always had monster clutches
it has a brand new helix ceramic paddle on her which I know will be totally knackered by the end of the season
and I don't wanna max the turbo so I will be going for the sensible route, not that Andy wouldnt run it maxed out as I'm sure he will be glad to see my car out of his workshop
if it's anywhere as quick as dons I'll be happy with that

i can imagine Aaron, but your going in the right direction, and you have good people helping you achieve what you want, and you have all the knowledge of westy and prawn, those two are an awesome example of what can be done. Your in elite company there. (hope there heads dont get to big with my compliments) lmao. Have a good day Aaron, and remember to keep this thread updated so i can follow your progress. :) x

Prawn, westy are feeling the love

Thanx Sandra

haha, good god yes. Don't let them talk you into any reduction in compression ratio Aaron, being a 2860 it'll struggle enough to maintain boost at the top end on a 1.9, let alone against a lower CR as well.

If you're going all out with a forged 1900 build I'd be after 9.25 or 9.5:1 pistons.

will drive well if you're increasing capacity too. just keep the standard CR at least, eh prawn!

haha, good god yes. Don't let them talk you into any reduction in compression ratio Aaron, being a 2860 it'll struggle enough to maintain boost at the top end on a 1.9, let alone against a lower CR as well.

If you're going all out with a forged 1900 build I'd be after 9.25 or 9.5:1 pistons.

agree with Prawny

Thanx guys will be talking to Andy tomoz and will run all this by him