Spark plugs causing no boost....?

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Just fitted NGK BKR7Es ( think thats right ) onto my REVO stage 1 APY S3, gapped correctly to 0.7. I now have no boost/feeling of having a turbo. The car now drives correctly until you put your foot down and nothing happens, found this out whilst trying to overtake earlier. There is no boost whatsoever, it still reaches topend speeds but only after about a year, like driving a mk4 golf gti 2ltr jobbie.
I have gone over every connection around the boost system, charge pipe, red turbo pipe DV connections and everything is spot on, the only logical thing is the plugs, does anyone know why? I'm going to put the old ones back in tomorrow just to try and clear it up but I want to find out what happened.
The plugs were recommended by a thread on here so I don't want others to have the same results as me

It won't be the plugs although 7's are bit cold for a stage 1... double check you have put everything back together properly as you may have disturbed something removing stuff to do the plugs and as said check with VCDS to see if any fault codes have popped up

<tuffty/>

cheers fellas,
forgot to mention i've scanned the car a couple of times now and its clean as a whistle, logged it a couple of weeks ago and it seemed a super healthy engine showing 270 on maf readings.
Tufty;.if they're too cold what would you recommend? I only bought these ones as i followed a link from someone on here so i'm surprised that they're wrong! must learn that forum is not gospol lol

NGK 6's such as BKR6E (irridiums, platinums or coppers depending on budget and how often you wan to change them)

<tuffty/>

RS4 runs 7's with 63hp per cylinder from the factory, so they should be fine on a stage 1 S3, which will be running similar cylinder loads.

6's are standard arn't they Tuffty? I ran BKR7E's in mine on a ko3S with no issues what so ever, and that's with just 210bhp. I can't see 7's being an issue on a st1 S3 at all. Pierre still runs them now in my old car, and I run them on the track car.

To update this thread my boost issues have nothing to do with the plugs, I've swapped back to my old plugs and problem persists. Some thing has blown/died/split... Please check th e other thread for details,
Many thanks for your replies though:thumbsup: