Help plz had timing belt and water pump and tensioner done now no power!!!

ScottScodude30

Reaction score
Can anyone help I got a 98 agu Audi a3 just had timing belt kit done but now car is proper down on power and to get any power at all which is still slight power u got to open bleed valve, it seems to be running ok but I'm wondering if timing is out slightly ?? Would this effect it? Car seems like its running on no turbo or very little turbo ... Not happy plz help me
many thanks

No but haven't got any errors on dash board but since doing cam belt it's proper no power there wondered if timing would do this ? Only other thing I did is took charge pipe the metal piece out to get to bottom pulley I'm well ****** off

Doesn't mean there won't be any faults.. if you have got the belt a tooth out then you would get a correlation error...

Scan for faults and check that bottom hose...

<tuffty/>

Haven't got diagnostic scanner so any other way to double check timing ? Is the remarkings?
Thanks

I assume you changed the belt? you changed it without checking that the engine was at TDC and the timing marks were aligned?

<tuffty/>

yes, if you remove the top timing belt cover to see it.
turn the engine till the mark on the crank aux belt pulley to the lower timng cover are lined up then look at the cam pulley theres a line on it that should line up with mark on the top edge of the cam cover. if the line is 180 degrees out then turn the engine over again, as the crank turns twice to one turn of the cam.
if its a tooth out it should be obvious. but as others have said the engine light should be on if it is, i know from experience the "cam/crank assignment" code comes up within a minute of running it a tooth out on the belt!

You can check for TDC by looking for the mark on the flywheel in the gearbox inspection hole (assuming the flywheel has one)... or remove cyl 1 spark plug and using a long thin 'implement' (stick, long screw driver etc) check for when the stick rises... when the stick is just about to go back down again this will essentially be TDC.... as murran has said though you need to look at the mark on the cam pulley and the cam cover... when cyl 1 is at the top and the mark on the cam pulley aligns with the cam cover then you are at TDC... if cyl 1 is at the top of its stroke and the cam pulley mark is off either side (not 180 degrees) then you have misaligned the belt..

<tuffty/>