Flashing interior lights - what does it mean?

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
keep getting this problem lately....

The DIS panel is showing doors are open when they are not - I know there is a problem with the micro switches in the doors locks failing prematurely but what I am finding odd is that the interior light is flashing when the doors are closed and DIS recognises them as being closed........

also noticing that the light on the bottom of the passenger door is usually on (when door is closed) when the interior lights are flashing.

same problem I have, it is the switch in the latch! just I think it is only open / closed for a very short time so the DIS doesn't have time to reflect the door is open.

you want to figure out which door it is (mine is passenger) you should be able to tell because if I shut the door hard it will turn off so do them one at a time, then go down to Audi and get the part although I gather this is quite a big job, I still haven't found the time to take it apart and have a look whilst the weather is good enough to do it, I'll be posting a reply to the other thread when I do.

it isnt that bad to strip out, but the door will have to come apart.

Image150.jpg

after removing the panel there is only 4 torx to get it like this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif