oil change woe's

Paradox1

Reaction score
Won't bore you will what I've done but trying to undo the sump plug but it just keeps spinning,just my luck.can I undo the turbo oil feed hose and drain the oil from there?

Cheers,doubt I can get a new sump on the weekend ill change the oil from the oil feed line then sort the sump in a week or two.thanks

You have clearly stripped the thread for the sump plug mate and this will inevitably lead to it leaking especially when the oil gets a bit runnier when hot..

The oil return/drain (not a feed pipe!) hole sits a little higher...

20120929 124437

New sump time dude... helicoils leak too (assuming you can get the plug out of course...)

<tuffty/>

Pop down to screw fix and pick up one of those vacuum oil change kits.

You can suck up the oil via the dipstick guide.

Edit; But, as tuffty says, iit'll probably leak from the drain plug now anyway...

if your sump is one without the sender ive got one and the threads are perfect if you want it let me know mate??

Cheers Phil,as usual on my engine I have ever sensor possible.thanks though.

Thanks for the advice,ill get a new sump on the beast then,poor me,got to do my routine maintenance and ends up with more to do! Thanks for the link tuffty

Thanks Westy/prawn

I'm a virgin to all this.I've ordered the sealant and sump so should arrive during the week. Can I use the same sealant on my inlet manifold as I wanted to clean it up and spray it?

Lol yeah I.know,maybe I didn't word it right.can I use the sump sealant on the inlet manifold?I know my rocker cover has a gasket and sealant so I figured it would be the same for the inlet manifold?

How the hell am I going to upgrade my turbo on.my own:D

Lol yeah I.know,maybe I didn't word it right.can I use the sump sealant on the inlet manifold?I know my rocker cover has a gasket and sealant so I figured it would be the same for the inlet manifold?

No mate buy a gasket. They're not much cash anyway. God help us all when you come to upgrade your turbo lol;)

If you ain't done your oil pick up lately I would change that or at least give it a clean while the sump is off, makes sense really :)

Cheers dre,I got that done at 100k.im on 105 now so should be good for a while.

You'll be fine dude there's plenty of guides on here and there is plenty of people you can ask question aswel. Plus you can always give people a ring if you have numbers.

Do loads of research as well before you start.

Shame I live so far away I'd be game for helping you out.

Was good talking to you earlier dude.

Thanks alex,you'll soon block my number! I'm sure you'd get fed up of me asking how to undo the oil filler cap haha.yh was good speaking mate,sorry again about the nozzle,ill send it off Monday morning.like I said if you can get down for ADI your more than welcome to come round the track.if you ever down south,u got my number :)

Paradox1 - trick is to start small and work your way up to bigger jobs. Just get all the info you can from the forum, make sure you have everything you need (including the time!) and go one step at a time. And if you're not 100% sure, don't start the job (unless you have access to another motor to use while you sort the S3 out of course).