Stealth sub review

awol345

Reaction score
After buying a stealth sub/amp kit from Andy mac I thought I would give it a quick review. I am very pleased with it,but if you are looking for ear bleeding bass,at 6.5 inches this is too small, however it does pack a really nice punch for its size. I like the sound personally,its not intrusive but very clear and defined.
The kit itself costs just under £400 delivered, and that includes amp,sub,enclosure,wiring,fuses,harness and Andy even threw in some sound deadening too but most importantly the fitting instructions so you have all you could need to do it yourself.
Fitting isn't difficult, just time consuming and the instructions are very easy to follow, Audi dont make it easy to pull their cars apart so take your time, you wouldn't want to break anything. It took me all day although I had to keep stopping because of the rain.
If you do get stuck though, I found that Andy is always more than happy to help so your 100% happy.So after the install and set up the new HU I am really pleased with it and think it is better than the sort of sound I was expecting from the BOSE system when I brought the car.This kit is a sound investment for any A3/S3 owner and I can't recommend it enough ,so if you want to upgrade your rubbish sound system but don't want to loose precious boot space, this is for you.

On a personal note I would like to thank Andy Mac for his help

Seconded thumbsup for the Andymac Stealth Sub. I'm running 300RMS through my JL 6.5" with no issues. Granted, it has a limit on certain bass ranges, but for listening to the Radio at low to medium volume, it works perfectly, and sounds mush better than the Bose affair that I had.

Seems those who have them are very pleased, those that don't will probably get one soon.

Actually I do have one question,its kinda related. Basically I have a new HU with built in bluetooth which is dead handy for phone calls on the move but I need a sat nav app too. So my question is there a sat nav app that is bluetooth enabled so you can have voice instructions through the HU as well as phone calls etc. So if your driving along listening to some music (too loud to hear your phone) and you need to make a turn, the music volume drops while the instructions are given just like when you get a call? If this doesn't exsist can someone invent it by tomorrow please?