URGENT - Passenger front window stuck down

DALE_AVANT

Reaction score
Hi all.

As title, the front paSsenger window on our A3 stuck in the down position this morning.

With a bit of pulling up on the glass, it will travel about 1/4 of the way up, but then opens again of it's own accord.

I need to fix this today for obvious reasons, any help appreciated!!

Hi all.

As title, the front paSsenger window on our A3 stuck in the down position this morning.

With a bit of pulling up on the glass, it will travel about 1/4 of the way up, but then opens again of it's own accord.

I need to fix this today for obvious reasons, any help appreciated!!

One of your window clips are broke. To close it, you need to have one person pulling on the window upwards, and one person operating the window switch. When it gets stuck, it will roll back down, as it thinks it's trapped something, like your head or arm in the opening. Anyways, when it rolls down, operate the window switch again, and it will stop. Now wiggle the glass a little to free it up and repeat the pull up and press window trick. For the last few inches, you just need to grip the glass with your palms both sides, as you can no longer pull on the top of it. Hopefully, that will get you by for the day.

Instructions to fix it is in the link below.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/22915-faulty-s3-electric-window-fix.html

Superb, thank you jojo.

Has anyone from ASN ever got their head or arm caught in the window?

:slapped::haha:

Fixed as directed above, many thanks, the window is now closed.

The motor seemed very sluggish in raising the window, maybe this is the issue?

Fixed as directed above, many thanks, the window is now closed.

The motor seemed very sluggish in raising the window, maybe this is the issue?

No mate, it's a broken clip. The electric motor is trying to push the window up one side and struggling. It will get burnt out eventually, if you don't fix it!

Broken clip, common fault I'm afraid

Mine decided to break after I'd waited for an hour in the paddock at santa pod for a run down the strip... Went to put the window back up, nothing... Had no window to grab hold of to pull it up, so had to quickly take the door card off, then push the window up and finger tighten the screw on the clip to fix it while I went down the strip lmao

good times :p

Cheers folks, anyone got a part number for the clip from TPS?

yep common problem. Happened to me years ago. I did both windows - didn't want a repeat performance on the other side.