Bushes replaced -feedback

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Just some info guys - I had my frontwishbone bushes and both front and rear arb bushes replaced at the weekend along with some rear shocks and I have to say its made a huge improvement to the handling. Much tighter particualarly on handing

I stuck with the standard Audi replacements

The car is approaching 100K and I was finding the handling a little sloppy and it has improved things no end.

I am considering having the other bushes done - am I right in thinking I have a further 2 bushes at the front and a steering rack bush that could also be changed ? Are there any others?

Spiker,

What did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking? My car is cornering like a boat at the moment with a little bit more mileage than yours

Thanks

well i didnt use Audi - I use a local audi/volks garage - I trust the guy

I had the following done for £400

Front and rear arb bushes replaced
Both front wishbone bushes replaced
2 rear shocks replaced
Haldex seal replaced and both haldex oils changed
Brake fluid changed

Audi quoted me £850 for that ( initially it was £1000) they wanted £350 just to replace the front 2 wishbone bushes !!

to have the bushes done alone ( both f and r arb and wishbone) was about £180 that was about 4.5 hours labour + parts

I considered powerflex but after taking some advice I didnt want the suspension any taughter / harder than it already is - I use the car daily and didnt want to lose any comfort - lol what little there is

My guy is reliable - trustworthy and he runs a small garage near bristol if you fancy a trip - he used to work for VW

Happy to provide a phone number if your interested

Hmmm - to be honest i didnt consider the alignment - is it really necessary jojo ?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm - to be honest i didnt consider the alignment - is it really necessary jojo ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite important on the Quattro models, but as the Mechanic is ex VW as you suggested, he should know what hes doing.
Looking at the list of things you had done:

Front and rear arb bushes replaced
Both front wishbone bushes replaced
2 rear shocks replaced
Haldex seal replaced and both haldex oils changed
Brake fluid changed

Only the front wishbones geometry would have been effected, so if it tracks straight, should be a good job.

it tracks straight - so he must have done his stuff although i will check with him tomorrow thanks jojo