Relay relocation for oil catch can-gaping hole in trunking, normal? (& new wheels :P)

Squirrelofdoom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, finally got round to moving the 2 relays in the engine bay behind the strut brace into the trunking under the airbox so that there's room on the bulkhead for the catch can (which will come later). See below for some pictures. I ended up stripping back the wiring bundle back to where the MAF wire joins it; this way I could pop one relay upwards and one downwards - they fit nicer that way. Taped it all back up and made a grommet for the MAF wire now it pokes through the trunking.

IMAG0591IMAG0592IMAG0593

However, got to the end and when I put it all back, noticed this gaping hole in the side of the trunking. Given that I'd just moved some relays into it, I was worried about water getting in; so I've taped it up for now. But is this hole normal?

On a completely unrelated note, new wheels arrived today. Nothing special, but they get me out of trouble for now. Annoyingly, the delivery guy decided it was best to just throw the boxes off the truck onto the road....So i'll be checking them for damage in the morning....why are delivery guys always so obnoxious?...anyway, rant over

IMAG0595

Thanks for the help guys!!

Attachments

• IMAG0594.jpg
    IMAG0594.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 136
hmmm, question for a moderator too. Why did 4 of my pictures attach as small thumbnails and one come in full size and overlapping the width of the thread box? Or is this just on my PC...?

yeah, nice if they weren't damaged upon arrival...ba*tards

Attachments

• IMAG0598.jpg
    IMAG0598.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 149
1) I love how this thread has gone completely off topic :)

2) They're just generic reps mate, no-name brand etc

the previous owner is a proper d*ck, the amount of work i've had to do so far to fix the thing after he's messed about with it (read: spun it into a kerb)...frustrating!

well, I've taped the hole up now, and the relays are waterproofed....where does that trunking lead? Am I risking anything with it not being fully waterproof? :S

well the hole is down near the bottom, so the water won't run up to the ECU, so that's ok; where does that trunking run DOWN to though?

oh "good"....lot's of water in my main loom...I hate my previous owner, wtf was he doing with the car?! also, nothing in that document about the stuff in the trunking

nah, that's fine mate. Anyone else know if water getting down there is bad? I suppose i've run it with that gaping hole for months now, and now I've taped it up, so it can't be any worse now!

yeah, should be ok, hate finding things wrong with the car though....although it is a regular occurance :p