Wiring help please...

mrmattholmes

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a 2000 A3 1.8T Quattro.

The alarm doest work, neither does the remote central locking, so...

Ive got an aftermarket alarm to fit...

Ive fit a quite a few before but i dont have the wiring diagram for the A3 so could do with some help.

I need wiring diagrams for; central locking, electric windows, indicators, ignition..

Any help would be great.

The stock alarm and RCL is controlled by the locking pump in the boot. the locks are all pneumatic so an aftermarket system isnt really going to work if the pumps dead.

The windows and various other things like interior lighting also wont work properly without the stock locking pump...

Your far better off just properly fixing whats broken. You can buy replacement pumps on ebay for around £50.

the central locking works, just not from the remote..

everything is fine with the alarm just the siren doesnt work, id rather fit an after market alarm as the standard one is useless even if working.

Sounds stupid but have you put a new battery in the remote? That fixed the problem for me when mine didn't work

Move the standard siern to under the bonnet and it'll be much louder. Get one off ebay from a newer Audi as they revised the design.

Remote key probably just needs matched with the pump again.

I just did this - Will dig out the wiring when this wet stuff stops falling out the sky

Ok so for the remote central locking - Assuming the pumps are the same you need
Audi Side
There are 3 plugs that go to the central locking Pump.

Power Plug = Self explanatory
Black Plug = Has the Close signal wire
Brown Plug = Has the Open Signal wire

Power plug (haven't documented the colour, but has unique cable colours to identify)

12v+ = RED/BLACK 10A general fused supply - your unit has a de-rated fuse
12v- = Brown

Black Plug Close
Red/Brown cable - note* watch out there is a Brown/red cable also on the same plug!!!!!

Brown Plug Open
Grey cable

^^ Praise goes to A3steve^^ - I used this with my Hawk Kit and it all works fine - I used ScothLocks to connect it up, The pump can be a bit of a ***** to get out, also make sure you put the sound proofing back around it as it is one noisy bit of kit

Hope this helps

Cheers mate, any chance u can remember if its triggered by a live or earth on the lock and unlock? Got all the alarm wired apart from central locking

Negative switched off the top of my head - will pull out some paperwork and double check though