Cold air feed for Badger5 with Cone Filter

B1GW1L

Reaction score
Guys

Is the standard air feed sutible for the Badger5 TIP and Cone Filter or would i benifit from removing it and installing a cold air feed.

If it would what size tubing would i need and how much?

Also if a cold air feed with ducting is suggested where should i position the intake of the hose, do i remove a fog light or can it sit some where else?

Your input as always is much appreciated.

Std feed draws cooler air from under then wing to a sealed airbox... with a cone filter air will be drawn in from the path of least resistance so the surrounding air under the bonnet but obviously shielded by the heat shield (assuming you have the full kit)... I use a length of 4" ducting to feed air from the from of the car...
20091001_CRW_3803.jpg

...and still use this now with my cone filter...
IMAG0495.jpg

<tuffty/>

A metre should be fine... 3" will be easier to route... I used 4" as this was the only way air would be going into the airbox from when I used to run a panel filter..

<tuffty/>

Tufty, if you enclose your cone filter in the box anyway how is it any different to a panel filter? cheers

Tufty, if you enclose your cone filter in the box anyway how is it any different to a panel filter? cheers

Its not totally enclosed... surface area is key to flow... the JR/Jetex filter has larger surface area and flows more than the panel filter

<tuffty/>