Audi noob

Adeyy

Reaction score
Hi

Bought myself a 2000 plate a3 1.8t. Coming from celicas fancied a change.

Got a few problems that I take is quite common. Temp gauge doesn't like to play ball. Sometimes doesn't move other times goes to 90. Had the sensor replaced this morning and now it half works until I put the heating on and then it goes right back to the lowest setting. Got hot air out of the heaters, should this be effecting the temp gauge?

Other thing the led screen is missing a few pixels. Well lots. Can sort of make it out. This an expensive fix?

Great car other than that. So much quicker than my last car. Few little things like wishbones need sorting and brake discs and pads all round.
Think it's had a stage 1 remap done to. Any ideas on what sort out figures that gives?

Thanks in advance.

1 - thermostat needs changing

2 - dead pixels is VERY common, live with it or get the screen changed by sending your dash off !

3 - i thought celicas were supposed to be quick lol

4 - remap depends on engine code to be honest

Celica had no low down power. Was good in high revs. This seems to pull really well throughout. Thanks ill get a thermostat ordered then.

Other thing the led screen is missing a few pixels. Well lots. Can sort of make it out. This an expensive fix?

Hi there,

I got the middle screen changed by these people as I was missing quiet a few pixels...

Cluster Repairs UK - Instrument cluster speedometer repair, correction, modification and spares.

I didn't fancy taking the cluster out myself and sending it off as I need use of my car everyday, so couldn't wait for the postal system! So I drove up to them and they installed it there and then. Cost me £120 IIRC and comes with a 2 year warranty, only took an hour for them to complete the job as well.