EM TuningVolks Autos
    6th Gear

Status

Power Loss Problem Found!!

Well it's finally sorted....

After my turbo noise post I booked the S3 into the dealers as it wasn't running right, the power delivery was just not as it was before.

After a few minutes my car was diagnosed with a broken camshaft sensor/belt. Apparently the ecu has identified this and shut the cams down into a sort of limp mode which has not given me the full power I was used to!

The only down side is a 600 repair bill!!!! 4.5 hrs labour and 260 worth of parts. The engine makes a right vibrating noise when you start it which is apparently characteristic of this fault.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: Power Loss Problem Found!!

Had the belt snapped the bill would have been much higher! Was the cambelt change due?

6th Gear

Status

Re: Power Loss Problem Found!!

No the car has only done 49k, from my understanding of what the workshop foreman told me the belt was not to blame it was in good working order! It was some sensor that controls the cams....not really sure what else it does but makes a horrible vibrating/rattling noise when the engine is fired up.

Just can't wait to get it fixed now. The dealer reset the fault in the memory and the car ran like a dream for about 20 miles then it found the fault again and is in limited performance so will have to drive like this till thursday when it is fixed! All credit to the dealer though for a speedy diagnosis.