Fitting pre-facelift S3 xenons to a pre-facelift a3 - wiring?

Dibdub1

Suck.Squeeze.Bang.Blow
Reaction score
Good morning boys and girls!

Please bear with me as I've been through the sticky in the how-to section but this only seems to cover the pre-facelift to facelift conversion.

I can see that one of the plugs on my current lights is a 4 pin plug.

However there is also a circular plug so I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if I just need to make the same loom as that used in the current how to thread or if I need to make a different one as they're pre-facelift xenons?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

hmm i have seen on ebay or kufatec a short loom that plugs into your car loom and then into the xenons to make it totally plug and play, if it was me id get that loom mate

Reactions: Dibdub1
I really wouldnt bother mate, the s3 xenons are ****e, im binning mine off and fitting a set of facelift a3 lights with a hid kit.

Oh yeh, because fitting ****e chinese HID lamps into a projector designed for a halogen bulb is going to be so much better...

Well any things got to be better than the **** audi fitted, the lights are shocking on my prefacelift s3, well see when i fit them, if their **** ill bin them off and buy some facelift xenons but im confident they should be fine.

Must be something wrong with them then.

Some of the earlier units had issues with the projector housing becoming tarnished which massively hurts the light output.

I've got hella PFL S4 HID's on my A4, and Valeo FL S4 HID's on the missus A4, and theres no real difference between them.

Their shocking mate. The light output is crap and the beam pattern, well it looks like your trying to shine a torch through a milk bottle bottom.

Any chance we can get back on topic guys? :/

So is that eBay loom my only option then?

So your plug is circular on the a3 lights but the s3 one isnt? Cant remember what the s3 one looks like!

You can always cut and splice the wires as long as the wires are right and its only the plug that differs. Please check the wiring compatabillity before doing this though, I've done this in the past and not had any problems. For the record I've just ditched my pre face s3 xenons for facelift A3 lights with a HID kit as the old lights were ****e.......Don't bother would be my messgae to the op

No worries, well I'm going to look into either making a loom or buying the ready made ones fof ebay.

Does anyone happen to know the price of the plugs from audi? Also what wire is best to use?

The lights didn't cost me anything so I'd rather try them for myself and make my own mind up about them!

Thanks in advance guys...

I dont think audi sell the plugs byselfs mate, youll have to buy the complete loom at a minimum. Id just buy the loom off ebay mate, cheaper and easier.

Ah right fair play mate!

Suppose I can't really go wrong for £35 for a pair already done off ebay eh!

I'll get back to you in a couple months time if I've found them to be sh*te myself ahaha :p