Help needed fitting a kenwood headunit

awol345

Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is only my second post and I am stuck already and need some help please!
I have decided to replace the bose system sub and head unit for some upgraded parts. I have got a new sub from Andy mac to fit but first the head unit.
I have a Kenwood KDC-BT92SD and need to know if I will need a new harness or any blanking plates (I think it maybe narrower than the stock HU) also how to get the old one out. If anyone could help it would be great.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah thanks! I'm guessing you have done it yourself then, hope it went well. I think the hardest part is going to be routing the microphone in, the rest should slot it beautifully.
Thanks again.

Yep Did it myself fitted a JVC that is pretty similar to what you have got, Most of the fascia comes off pretty easily, I have my mic routed under the dash and pops up just by the clocks - Good choice with the AndyMac Sub - Its next on my growing list - The only issue you might find is with the power - Basically you need to swap two wires on the iso lead and it should all be good (Red and Yellow if I remember), Will dig out photos and refresh my head for you. Oh and you will need a power antenna adapter as well as the A3's use a powered set up

Basically you need to swap two wires on the iso lead and it should all be good (Red and Yellow if I remember), Will dig out photos and refresh my head for you. Oh and you will need a power antenna adapter as well as the A3's use a powered set up.

I am pretty new to this sort of thing,although I have fitted a few stereos in the past.Are the S3 and the A3 different in this area at all? I would prefer to mount the mic on the a-pillar rather than by the clocks,hopefully the lead is long enough. I will let you know what my opinion of the Andy-mac sub when I have installed it if your interested. So far he has been very helpful and even thrown in some sound deadening for free!

AndyMac is the official daddy of the A3/S3 audio world! - Pretty certain the S3 will be the same - A quick search for "Aftermarket Head Unit Fitting" will throw up most of the threads one of which I used had loads of pictures in it! - Once im at home I will get some pics of mine for you