Would Audi do it for free?

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
Hello ASN

in feb 2012 I had my S3 in with Audi to have some work done. While it was there I had my exhaust heat shield sorted out as it was rattling on idle.

it has just started rattling again and it is peeing me off! Do Audi do some sort of guarantee? I don't want to pay to get it done a second time (if possible)

cheers

probably not. Did they replace it with a new one or just rearrange the current one. I think that they would still charge you labor

Hello ASN

in feb 2012 I had my S3 in with Audi to have some work done. While it was there I had my exhaust heat shield sorted out as it was rattling on idle.

it has just started rattling again and it is peeing me off! Do Audi do some sort of guarantee? I don't want to pay to get it done a second time (if possible)

cheers

Scott, you can but ask, you wont know till you do. Hope it works out in your favour. :) x

I would imagine Audi give a 12 month guarantee on work carried out so its worth a moan... (although it would be easy for them to get out of it) ...like its the otherside that has come undone, but you never know....

What was the charge for a loose shield?...;)

Ah cool, thanks for the replies. Ill give them a call and see what they can do. Might record the phone call so if they offer it to me for free and then make up an excuse and try to charge me ive got proof they said they would do it for free.

Alex C......were you driving through Hayle on Monday? I passed a red S3 with BBS wheels

Ah cool, thanks for the replies. Ill give them a call and see what they can do. Might record the phone call so if they offer it to me for free and then make up an excuse and try to charge me ive got proof they said they would do it for free.

Alex C......were you driving through Hayle on Monday? I passed a red S3 with BBS wheels

oh Monday, no i wasnt. I was in the area on either Sat or Sunday though

Is it the heat shield for the back box or the one in the middle of the car? If its the back box one the most common fault is the fitting rust away and the shield bangs on the frame.