boost loss after having a clutch fitted and manifold atempt??????????????

Leeivo

Reaction score
hi i had a sachs dual mass fitted and atempt fitting of a manifold to my s3 amk 1.8 its been remapped by jabba stage 1 i recently fitted all parts to get it to stage 3 (turbo dynamics stage4 hybrid)etc.. anyway it was boosting around 18-20psi when it went in but when it came out its boosting any were between 5-15psi and its also bosting to 10psi then dropping off to 5. he attempted fitting the xs manifold but when he looked at the turbo one of the bolts was in bad condtion so it put him off.... any ideas on what it could be as the car was fine when it went in cheers

Ok... so we are clear... you have a stage 1 map on car currently and you are running a hybrid? a 300+ hp hybrid? your ecu is most likely going into limp mode as its not mapped for the extra the hybrid is giving...

I assume you have changed the injectors too??? now would be a good time to give the full spec as all bets are off trying to diagnose anything seeing as you have changed so much..

<tuffty/>

yes stage 1 map and iv fitted hybrid, forge tip, ah fab fmic, pipe works 3inch d-pipe and de-cat, blue flame system, 4bar fr, forced air induction, forge recirculating valve. i have the 550cc injectors ready to be fitted when i get my car mapped which was suposed to be this weekend but as the mani isnt fitted im un sure what to do. and if it was in limp mode it wouldnt boost that high would it??

Ok... I would be unplugging your N75 electrically untill you have had it mapped... you won't need a 4bar FPR as 550's are more than enough and the 4bar will kill off your fuel pump..

The hybrid will no doubt have a 12-14psi actuator so you will be running higher base boost anyway... the ECU will not know this and will be dutifully trying to do what it did before but with an extra 7psi than it knows about...

Unplug the N75 and it should sort it self out... if not then there is another issue somewhere... one step at a time... you may want to scan for fault codes too...

<tuffty/>

thanks for your help i will do it tomorrow

another question i also have an uprated fuel pump is it pointless in getting it fitted ?

Yeah... worth doing... have a look at my build thread for tips on fitting...

fuel-fittings-pump-1.jpg

20091017_IMG_3853.jpg

20090918_CRW_3726.jpg

...and link to fitting in my thread

<tuffty/>

thanks for the fitting guide.. i unplugged the n75 and didnt make a difference, iv checked the visable boost pipes all look ok and i tried putting the standard recirculating valve back on and still loosing boost. When i go from 2k in 3rd its boosts to around 14psi then at 4k its drops to 10 then 5 and so on and just feels really flat. Anythink else i can check

If you are sure you have checked all the pipes for leaks then I would be looking at doing logs in VCDS (and get a smoke tests to be 100% sure you have no leaks)

<tuffty/>

It just seems strange that it went out the garage running sweet and came out different