Next Mods???

mark_S3

Team Silver
Reaction score
Hello people...

I'm new to Audi's and also turbo cars. Right, I have a 2000 S3 which ive had for two months now.

The previous owner spent 1000's on mods but also keeping her healthy and full Service history.
The mods that are on it are: Milltek CAT back, Milltek HiFlow CAT, K&N filter and a SuperChips remap which all where done at Demon Tweeks. The brakes where also upgraded to drilled/ grooved, better pads .

Well more to the point, what other mods can I purchase in regards to performance? Would love to get a FMIC but cant stretch to that price. I mean less that few 100. I know this has been covered 100's of times but things like TIP or N75, etc I'm lost.

Cheers
Mark

Badger5 tip is the best in the business, search Badger5 on ebay. Expect to pay £280 ish for 10-18bhp (?). Leave your N75 valve, she's probably fine. Look at changing your Bosch recirculating valve for Forge 007 or 008 for £80-£130.

Presuming a recirculating valve is similar to dump valve or same as my K&N filter makes a 'swirlling'' noise already on gear change, so don't really want them clashing.

As with the TIP what benefits will I get and is it the part going from my filter to turbo?

Always use Vpower but put fuelsave in a few times recently and found no difference in performance or mpg

Reallllly.....? I found a nice difference on shell optimax! Most remaps are done to accommodate the car being run on high octane fuel. Also inside your fuel cap Audi recommend running on 97+ octane

Honest pal. I drive sensible as it keeps engine healthy but do boot it a few times a day. Averaging 29.8mpg and since owning it for past two months I've use Shell Vpower! Full tank a week but other week put fuelsave in as test and found no difference at all, if any better mpg.

Id say either the B5 full induction kit of the welly cooler, the welly cooler can be done for around £250.

Should mention that Shell Optimax no longer exsits... its now V-Power...

I use Tesco Momentum 99 in mine as thats the only garage on my trip to work and the SHell garage near Bills place is always running out so I have given up trying...

<tuffty/>

Honest pal. I drive sensible as it keeps engine healthy but do boot it a few times a day. Averaging 29.8mpg and since owning it for past two months I've use Shell Vpower! Full tank a week but other week put fuelsave in as test and found no difference at all, if any better mpg.

Takes a couple of tanks for the ECU to adapt... if the map you have is quite conservative (don't know anything about the superchips ones) then you may not notice the performance drop but believe me its there... the ECU will pull time timing and adapt timing out over time... this will give less power and make the engine run hotter...

<tuffty/>

forget the forge recirc valve.
Try googling mad max diverter valve.
Yes there good.