Wideband and fuelling questions for big turbo

lloydie1

Reaction score
I’m slowly building up my engine for a circa 400bhp build and its getting there but there are a few things i cant seem to bottom out so im hoping someone can help.
My S3 is (was) an APY so has the narrowband ECU. I know for mapping purposes its easiest to go wideband AMK/BAM, and add the wideband lambda sensor and appropriate wiring, but most people i've seen do the conversion choose not to use the EGT sensor – any reason why ? It seems easy to me to add a boss to the downpipe for the sensor, or is it that adding the wiring is a pain ? Anyone done the conversion on here ? Most of the online guides have pics missing which is a shame. Im pretty competant with electrics (wired up a Motec in my last car) so should be easy !
Also i have 630cc injectors so whats the concencous on uprating the fuel pump, and what are the options? Opinions vary widly it seems.

Depends on the code you plan to use... you don't need to go wideband to get 400hp, the ME7 does the job fine (Welly leaps to mind...) but personally if doing it then you might as well do it properly and fit all the correct sensors and VVT... the reason most people don't fit EGT/VVT is simply due to them being the most expensive parts to buy if you don't already have them... circa £180 for the EGT probe and £300+ for the VVT generally...

At 400hp and 630cc's fit an inline pump... DA 31 like mine...

I have done all this anyway dude so look through my thread for more details... :)

<tuffty/>