AMK -> AGU Head Questions

Y

Yohan87

Morning all,

In order to get the best from my AMK lump I'm looking to fit a relentless manifold. As most people say it is easier with the head off then I'd be looking to do the rods at the same time so I can properly take advantage of the new found torque it will have.

I've been offered an AGU head for £125 and I have a few questions.

1) Is it possible to swap all my AMK head bits over to an AGU head?

2) Due to the port size differences, will my AMK inlet manifold need to be replaced for an AGU one which would then put the throttle body on the wrong side? Will my injectors then fit etc etc?

3) Is £125 a fair price for an AGU head? I'd be looking to send it to Andrew on this forum for refurbishing/porting/polishing before fitting.

I would only be doing this because the AMK head would be coming off anyway so if there was ever a time to do it then that would be it. Do the AGU heads flow much more to make it a worthwhile swap?

My AMK engine is a low mileage (41K) lump that runs well so I'll be keeping her for a while.

Many thanks :)

Yohan

1) yes... as your AMK is low mileage then strip the AGU head and just use all the running gear from the AMK head...

2) no need... I have been running an S3 inlet and transition phenolic for years on a large port head..

3) not too bad a price but get the exhaust guides checked as these wear and lap all the valves back in... make sure you have the exhaust ports matched to the turbo/manifold you are using... opening them right up for an exhaust mani with small runners is a little pointless

Large port flow around as much as a ported small port... ideal for 350hp and above... large ports tend to take more timing advance too

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty. At present the car is R-Tech'd to 280bhp and the torque is limited to 290lb-ft ish.

I'm not looking to go for super power or upgrade the turbo any time soon as mine is still quite new, more a longevity thing by allowing a similar amount of power to be made but with lower boost.

I'm sure Andrew could match the AGU ports to the Relentless manifold?