Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: A3 Quattro KO4 upgrade, its started

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    I reckon itll be near on 300bhp aslong as the turbos healthy. You got a fmic fitted, cant remember.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    I reckon itll be near on 300bhp aslong as the turbos healthy. You got a fmic fitted, cant remember.
    Turbo has been fully rebuilt by Beachbuggy and ive got a massive welly cooler, thats 11mm wider than the normally used one

300 and i will be like a dog with 8 dicks

1st Gear

Status
    Good luck with it mate. Should be great fun even if you're at the lower end of what's expected from it. Reading though this is making me want to get playing with my engine. (Although it takes the pressure off a little remembering I've got ~500kg less to lug around with it!)

Going back to earlier in the thread, and talking about changing pick up pipes regularly, is there any reason for changing them rather than just cleaning them?
    1.8 20v turbo converted '88 Scirocco - ASN Build Thread

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Cleaning them is fine, there just a cheap part so people put new on..

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    as above robin, cleaning is absolutely fine, just for the majority of people, it's a £9 part, so they just bang a new one on for ease and saving time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

1st Gear

Status
    No news?!
    2001 AMK S3 in Goodwood Green

1st Gear

Status
    Ah, fair enough, just seems a bit wasteful, not keen on binning perfectly usable things. When I fitted my engine I just left the new one in a cup of degreaser for the best part of a day and lifted it out looking like new, no effort required, (mine was fine though, and came off a mk2 golf to match the sump) but I guess if it's all the sumps off for it'd hold you up.

I agree, we need updates.
    1.8 20v turbo converted '88 Scirocco - ASN Build Thread

4th Gear

Status
    Well Ron was dropped off at Rtech and is there on a 2week stay (getting time off work to collect being tricky ) Niki is gonna post updates on Facebook, so if your on FB keep an eye out, but i will also be pasteing them on to here aswell

4th Gear

Status
    Ok Pictures speak louder than words so here goes

With boost leaks and NO meth

BUZZING

Status
    Excellent news Philler, pikey mechanics clearly on good form!

Is niki sorting out the little niggles or will it be another trip up to get it sorted?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Very nice Phil....Power user now!!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    *** good going man.

And jason won the guessing game

Status
    it's not over yet boys, there's another weeks worth of development still to go!

5th Gear

Status
    Great work pal and nice numbers. Hope mine is up there lol after my build with meth tho just need a black widow Beachbuggy turbo on it lol not the ****ty CR one I've got
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

5th Gear

Status
    I'll be there in 3 week roll on
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Excellent news Philler, pikey mechanics clearly on good form!

Is niki sorting out the little niggles or will it be another trip up to get it sorted?
    Im not sure i was gonna give niki a call tomorrow and see what he thinks is the best route, its leaking a little around my n75 and DV outlets and my map sensor housing (pikey made by me )

4th Gear

Status
    Well now, i think we can say Ron has defo taken well to the mods

Id like to thank Russ, Jardo, Prawn, Bill, Tufty and S3dave and ofcourse Rtech for all the info and help/cheap parts thats helped Ron get to this point, to think at one point i was aiming for 250 lol

but now it really starts i need BRAKES asap and coilovers, otherwise i may not live to see 36 (only 5 months away lol)

Thanks to everyone who has helped me

RIP S3dave

Status
    good work dude

happy for you
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    I havent done Rods so i will be happy with 285/290 above 290 and i will be OVER THE MOON
    well looks like im jumping the moon tonight

If i get that i will be over the moon, my guess at 268 is prob my way of not getting carried away, if i hope for 290 and its say 285 i could be a little disheartened, will post up here the videos that Niki puts on my facebook so we can see the updates
    im Defo not disheartened, ive had an awful day but the news from Niki has changed that

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

4th Gear

Status
    Ok so today, me and Jardo made the trip back up to Rtech to collect Ron, Niki took me out in it and showed me what it was like, showed me how to use the adjustable boost map, so i now have a switchable 5 boost settings that can be changed while driving, he has set the Meth up as an aid rather than a must have, safe in other words, so my drive, well Ron defo needs better brakes (still on 288s lol) and coilovers, he pulls like a train, the Meth kicks in at about 12 PSI and you can feel it as the car harder, i have to get a larger meth tank as my 1 lt tank was used almost all in just the drive home and the green arm light wasnt on all the time, I am over the moon with it, better and smoother than i had hoped for, but as always ive done the easy part, the hard part starts now, Brakes, coilovers, bushes and wheels

Niki is a top bloke, explained everything about my map in a way i understood, i can strongly recommend Rtech, i was hoping to have time to call in and see mr Badger today but traffic was epic and to keep my better half happy i didnt have time was looking forward to meeting Bill, Ive heard awesome reports of his work and wanted to meet the man himself, next time im up that way i will call in

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Cant find the like button, but in this case i think we need a LOVE button, not only do i love you Jardo i also LOVE that video

Thank you dude, you are a star

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    What was the final figure phil?

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Congrats mate looks like a great result

Defo making me think i need to ditch my revo software and get down to r-tech or b5 sooner rather than later lol

oh and i too want some better brakes i am thinking of going down the lcr brembo setup route is that what your thinking of doing?
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    What was the final figure phil?
    after being refined it was 290 BHP and 290 torque, nice smooth curve Niki hasnt put it back on the rollers with meth set up, he also said that an after market exhaust would make ron see 300bhp with the meth, in his words there is more to come from my set up

Ive got to fit a bleed valve to cap boost at 21PSI as the N75 is suspect as is the actutor is a little sticky, nothing to worry about, but niki said once ive sorted the couple of boost weeps it may try and boost at more than 21psi, so if the n75 is at fault there is no way it can over boost, if that makes sense?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Congrats mate looks like a great result

Defo making me think i need to ditch my revo software and get down to r-tech or b5 sooner rather than later lol

oh and i too want some better brakes i am thinking of going down the lcr brembo setup route is that what your thinking of doing?
    Rtech or B5 both will do an awesome job for you

im not sure which way im gonna go, LCRs are great but replacement discs arent cheap, or i was thinking 911 turbo fronts on 312 discs, 312 discs arent that bad price wise, pads are good prices, tbh it will cost £450 for LCR calipers maybe with useable discs, or Porker calipers can be had for £200 some brackets for £80, discs arent silly money

as you can tell i really havent decided yet, i better let my wallet (and future wife ) get over the engine build and remap cost, i plan to let her drive it, she will notice the brakes arent that sharp, she will tell me and i will say, Yesh it needs LCRs, she will say how much and then say you better get some as you wont last long without them IE her choice for me to buy them lol
    Davjon747 likes this.

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Cant find the like button, but in this case i think we need a LOVE button, not only do i love you Jardo i also LOVE that video

Thank you dude, you are a star
    We just need to teach you how to do a proper launch now!

It must have been weird having me in your car chasing up behind you in somebody elses car haha

A great day, Ron did us proud.
    phil miller likes this.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

4th Gear

Status
    It was a surreal feeling, i was loving the way Simons went and then i just saw ron coming up fast, i was thinking fook me that my car and its an animal

Yeap sunday we will go out and play launch, gotta get it right, theres an S3 8p that needs to be put in its place and a bmw for that matter lol

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Nice Phil ,pleased for you,, vids of some 8p slaying please...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Nice Phil ,pleased for you,, vids of some 8p slaying please...
    For sure Mate, ive had months of the 8p owner telling me how much quicker his (totally STANDARD) S3 is and how mine doesnt stand a chance, time to prove it

gotta be done

5th Gear

Status
    For sure Mate, ive had months of the 8p owner telling me how much quicker his (totally STANDARD) S3 is and how mine doesnt stand a chance, time to prove it

gotta be done
    Wont be long till hes looking at stage 2+ then haha

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    Wont be long till hes looking at stage 2+ then haha
    Thing is though he wont, the car is a 2012, its on lease hire, he cant map it as its not his so he wont run the risk

I love the S3 8P but tbh its a lot of money for what is only a mk5 golf (ive got one of those already) also the 8P is a 35 grand car, it should run rings round Ron but i dont think it will tbh, time will tell

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Thing is though he wont, the car is a 2012, its on lease hire, he cant map it as its not his so he wont run the risk
    Thats one of the best things about the 8L ..We actually own our cars.... a good percentage of 8Ps will be on the tick...

Status
    Top result all round Philler,

Very glad it's all gone well for you mate, sounds like a right giggle
    phil miller likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Top result all round Philler,

Very glad it's all gone well for you mate, sounds like a right giggle
    You will have to drive it mate, see what you think , kids didnt want to go to school in it today tho

Status
    hahaha, why don't they want to go to school in Ron? too scared of crazy Phil?

4th Gear

Status
    hahaha, why don't they want to go to school in Ron? too scared of crazy Phil?
    I dont know dude, i drive very carefully when ive got the twins and Jake in the car, last night they had waited up for me to get in as they wanted to go out in it, but it was past there bedtime, this morning i showed them the video of the launch with simons car and next thing i know 'mums' taking them, so im gonna use Ron to go to Bude for my meeting today instead of Rachels golf, i wanna play so it would be rude to leave it at home

Status
    awesome! Go abuse it all the way to Bude, and take the long way home

via the petrol station

and a methanol seller

6th Gear

Status
    good stuff phill, happy for you that it all paid off.
    I really need to join the K04 club

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
    good stuff phill, happy for you that it all paid off.
    I really need to join the K04 club
    Ko4 is the way forward

Nick it was an epic drive to bude and back, im still finding my feet with the power, ive found ive got enough power to go round a car in places i wouldnt have even thought about it in my golf made a 330 d BMW look sheepish, he pulled out in front of me so i kept up (not being a cock or anything) he put his foot down, so i kept with him, that went on for about 10 miles, got to a T junction and he was going the other way, i came up beside him and he was just looking at Ron in a way that said No way has that kept up with me, i almost wet myself, truth is once im use to it and got better brakes and coilovers i would have gone round him, im just not use to it enough yet to run the risk

I cant find anyone down here that sells Meth