A3 Quattro KO4 upgrade, its started

With my TIP, DP and dv I'm going to be super ****** if I don't make 300 when mines mapped :(

Save yourself the disappointment Russ; it'll never make 300 without meth, a wellycooler and potentially an AGU head :(

Sorry bro :(

#loveron.

Also because the whole engine has been rebuilt that helps with the power aswell, AGU high CR, large port head and inlet mani, so many ponies to gain from it alall just thinking Ron has cost about £100 for 1bhp, bargain car, what else can you get with over 300bhp for under 3 grand?

^^^Jardo, Its alright mate I'm bored and takin the mik. IE rods and high comp rods are waiting to go in, along with a wellycooler and all the xs stuff already fitted, billy bob tip and serviced james bond dv the old girl is 0n 273 now, I'd like to think it can get near Phil. Although as I'm paying Phil to fit the rods he may sabotage me.....
As ever Phil, Ron is an inspiration/goad. I like builds that don't involve spending £5k but get great results, its accessable to others too and I like that

Reactions: 16Klappe and phil miller
^^^Jardo, Its alright mate I'm bored and takin the mik. IE rods and high comp rods are waiting to go in, along with a wellycooler and all the xs stuff already fitted, billy bob tip and serviced james bond dv the old girl is 0n 273 now, I'd like to think it can get near Phil. Although as I'm paying Phil to fit the rods he may sabotage me.....
As ever Phil, Ron is an inspiration/goad. I like builds that don't involve spending £5k but get great results, its accessable to others too and I like that

hmm i made a mistake, its not 1 bhp for £100 at all, its 10BHP per £100, i didnt think it looked right when i first wrote it lol

Thank you Russ, i think what Ron has managed is a great thing, and shows that on a budget (helped in a big way by a great friend) great figures can be had, im sure Yours will be close, may even make more, but i stongly believe whatever Dan (beachbuggy) done to my turbo he has unlocked more power, ron isnt runnning any more boost than before but has found an extra 10bhp, Niki said, and i quote 'fit a miltec (or free flowing exhaust) a new N75 and map sensor housing, and i will get a SAFE 320BHP for it) now lets face it, when i started building Ron getting 285 was fairly easy, 290 took a little more, over 300 took a lot of work and money, ron will be in the hybrid zone on a stock impellered and bodied turbo, in my eyes that is great news for all Ko4 powered cars

Reactions: slowcoach3
Hell yeah mate, its pretty remarkable! Luckily for me my oil seals are on the way out so it'll be heading off to Dan for fixing and tweaking, then up to r-tech for some mapping :) When the blowers off it might be a good time to do the rods and pistons.....Now the ibiza is back up and running the s3 isn't a daily anymore so you can have it as long as is needed ;)

Hell yeah mate, its pretty remarkable! Luckily for me my oil seals are on the way out so it'll be heading off to Dan for fixing and tweaking, then up to r-tech for some mapping :) When the blowers off it might be a good time to do the rods and pistons.....Now the ibiza is back up and running the s3 isn't a daily anymore so you can have it as long as is needed ;)

yeah good plan, remove the head with mani and turbo on, send turbo off to dan while the bottom end is being built, then refit in one go, do you want the head rebuilt while its off? may pay to and have the guides replaced if there is lots of play in them

well now im mobile instead of doing it evening and weekends, i could set aside daytime hours to do it, that way it would be done in next to no time dude :)

Marty, when do you wanna do your rods dude?

Toying with rebuilding the AGU head but not sure, my head is a recent recon one so I'm going to leave that one alone :) All sounds good, just need a head set and a chat with Dan then all sorted.
I'll stop spaming your thread now and go abuse someone on FB instead

Euro car parts sell Elring gaskets and bolts, the Agu being Large port is the better way to go, but tbh i havent got a clue what the difference would be between a LG head and SM port head, prob not much but every little helps

Let me know when you wanna start dude

Just off raving, yes raving!!!! I'll give you a ring in the next couple of days, got a week off starting 20th though so that would make sense ;)

Small port heads will be a better choice sub 350hp on a road car... most small turbos don't have the puff to make use of large port flow and you loose low down torque and power (which is why VAG use small ports on the 20v's post 2001)... bigger framed turbo's will benefit from large port heads though

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Gops
since Niki tweaked the mapping ive opened my own Garage and have used Ron lots, i still smile each time the boost kicks in

Still more to come :)

Phil do u no what the compretion number should be with AGU pistons thanks pal

This threads gone a bit quiet! What's the latest? Are you still coming to Inters?

I would love to but 3 weeks ago my waste gate went AWOL, snapped clean off, the head and turbo are off atm and the turbo is with dan to be repaired and have a new actuator fitted

Is it me?
Or all of these builds always broken?
All the bt threads the cars are in bits and not running

Reactions: s3dave
The main thing here is since Niki got the epic figure 2 months ago i used Ron everyday and managed to clock up 2500miles in 6 weeks, using NLS a fair amount and getting thro 25 lts of meth mix, then the waste gate decided it wasnt happy and wanted a new home, Prawn as always was on the end of the phone as i was on hang mans point lol

I tried everything i could to remove the turbo and leave the head on, but one mani to turbo nut wouldnt undo and after dropping a spanner down the DP decided to cut out the middle man and take the head off :)

What with my garage building nicely i have very little time spare to spend with the kids let alone on putting Ron back together, so for the time being he has a blanket on his pistons and the head on on the pillow/in the boot

He will be back (at some point) but ive also found out that my n/s LCR front arm front bush is ******, so that will need doing asap, no point fitting OE but cant afford powerflex atm (and the tax runs out end of this month)

never rains it pours

today i helped Russ fit rods to his S3 ready for a trip to see Bill in 10 days, and that sparked my flame into life, so the turbo is boxed up and will be with Dan tuesday for the waste gate to be sorted, i will then get the head back on asap as i miss driving Ron :)

I :wub: Ron.

270330_10151427254645087_1623830331_n.jpg

Do you have any videos of you slaying the millions of gay Honda bumboys that are in and around Plymouth?

Is Ron back on the road again?

Not yet dude, Dan has my turbo, and a replacement turbo so he can use the hotside, should be back with me in a week or so, ive got all the stuff to rebuild, Russ is gonna come over and give me a hand so should have it running again within a few hours once the turbo is here :)

Turbo should be with me in the next few days :) all new gaskets and crush washers are waiting (only so prawn doesnt call me a pikey again lol)

3 months ago it went pete tong, how time flies

Will its here

so tonight Ron left his sleep bed for the first time in 3 months

and i couldnt wait so i bolted the turbo up to the mani

im out all day tomorrow so Russ is coming over sunday, will get the head on and have Ron running again

Then ive gotta take a trip to B5 (should have a forthnight ago but work has been stupid) then a couple of small jobs, before a new benchmark is set :p

Well im pleased to say Ron is back up and running, its been a long time, but the final test is now on the cards for the strange project, will he do it, what will happen, we will find out soon enough

Well im pleased to say Ron is back up and running, its been a long time, but the final test is now on the cards for the strange project, will he do it, what will happen, we will find out soon enough

Please remember to unplug the n75 and don't use ALS!

Please remember to unplug the n75 and don't use ALS!

:) will do Dan, N75 is disconnected, meth wont kick in due to not hitting 11/12psi, and launch wont be used again ever lol

ive got switchable mapping is it worth putting it on the lowest boost pressure map?

800+ bhp sat outside Phil's house tonight while we put Ron back together :) Was a lot of fun, good company, great project and a mildly annoyed spouse, just about perfect really

Reactions: phil miller
800+ bhp sat outside Phil's house tonight while we put Ron back together :) Was a lot of fun, good company, great project and a mildly annoyed spouse, just about perfect really

Yours or mine dude? mine was ****** because i put 2lts of antifreeze in a coke bottle, saying the kids might drink it (yeah right ofcourse id let them drink my G12) and poss ****** when i went on road test, but hey ho, she has prob forgetten about that now, and if she hasnt im not overly worried at all lol

Great day, great having you and Jimmy over helping, and even better having 2 lovely S3s parked up and talk of the street :)

Yours, mine was quite forgiving for a change :)
Always nice when people appreciate nice cars, Jimmy's is especially clean although I have actually cleaned mine for the second time this year in honour of getting Ron going

Reactions: phil miller