buying a maf, which one. please help quick

karl210

Reaction score
Im just about to buy a maf and i went off the vw part number which is on mine 06a 906 461 which matches the new one im looking at, but the bosch number on mine is 0 280 218 065 and the bosch number on the other one is 0 280 217 121.
Will it work ok? my engine is a stage 1 amk

anyone? could do with setting off to buy this asap, i dont get why the vw part number would match but the bosch number doesnt match

If you getting the maf from vw just tell them the number you have on your current maf.

its a used one on ebay for cheap as chips and its on the way to where i will be going shortly. I might just go for it and if it doesnt work oh well, wont be loosing out on much and could sell it for more anyway

Dude... just buy a new one... go to GSF or ECP as they are around 60/70 quid exchange for a Bosch sensor...

Fairly sure the eBay one (0 280 217 121) is for an A3...

<tufty/>

well it is £10 so i was going to get it but if it wont work then i wont bother and wait untill payday to get a new one

Atva guess its probably £10 because dead,just get a new one.prob solved. :)

aye looks like the way its gonna have to be, running with the maf unplugged for a week wont do any harm will it?

ECU will cope with it being unplugged... fuel economy etc may be affected of course but just be sensible... they are designed to fall back on 'safe' settings if a sensor goes down...

<tuffty/>