Booked in for my Stage 2 Revo :)

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
What up peeps.

After my success with installing my FMIC on friday night (well with alot of help from Tom) i have now got myself booked in at JKM in portsmouth for my stage 2 software update as they did my stage 1 for me so its only a £60 cost. So roll on Friday 4pm :)

Out of interest they have a rolling road but its only a 2wd one so which is the haldex fuse you can pull to disable it? a quick google search suggest that it is fuse 31 but just want to confirm this.

Cheers

Rob

It'll be interesting to know what figures you make Bob

JKM have dyno'd many S3's in the past. I believe they usually go under the back of the car and pull the haldex plug instead as a safety thing. they'll do it all for you anyway so I wouldn't worry bob.

good luck, let us know the results!

Gonna do some logging this week before friday so i have some good before and after info.

Yeah am very excited to see what they can squeeze out of the old girl as she is running really well on the stage 1 setup at the mo.

Cool mate look forward to see what you get as I sad in your other thread may have to invest in fmic you have put on :)

Quick question :

When i upgrade to Stage 2 software whats the best spark plugs to go for as i am sure i read somewhere that going for a colder grade was better.

Secondly what colour spring is reccomended for the froge 007p on stage 2?

Ngk are recommended alot on here and the yellow spring should be good for your dv

Cool am already running the yellow spring so thats sorted.

Are the NGK the irirdium ones if so whats the part number so i can have a look at what they cost for set.

6's for standard engines and mild tune, 7's for more tuned. 7's should be good for you.
iridium just last a bit longer.

Cheers bud

i only put a set of BKR7E`s in about 2000 miles ago so shall i run with thoise and then upgrade to the iridiums when i give the car a quick service next time?

Cheers bud

i only put a set of BKR7E`s in about 2000 miles ago so shall i run with thoise and then upgrade to the iridiums when i give the car a quick service next time?
as long as theyre gapped right they will be fine. as for getting iridiums when yours have expired (is it 20k?) then thats up to you. the fact they last longer just tells me a bit more durability, so i opted for iridium. i dont think the price difference is significant

cool will stick with what i have for now then as they are gapped right for the stage 2 mapping

If you want a cheap plug thats changed regularly, use the BKR7E.

If you want a plug you can put in and ignore for zillions of miles, PFR7Q.

Already using the BKR7E`s and for the price will just stick new ones in everytime i service the car.

What does a colder grade spark plug acheive?

BKR7E all the way!

£8 for a full set vs £35ish for iridium or platinum plugs, and if you do some reading up, they reckon the copper electrode dissipates heat better than irid. or plat. anyway.

use copper ones and replace with every service :)

BKR7E all the way!

£8 for a full set vs £35ish for iridium or platinum plugs, and if you do some reading up, they reckon the copper electrode dissipates heat better than irid. or plat. anyway.

use copper ones and replace with every service :)
is that all they are for a set!? jesus

Good luck with remap tomorrow mate hope it goes well

Atb

Dre :)

Cheers mate,

Todays the day and am very excited :) cant wait for work to finish so i can get the car down to JKM @ 4pm!!

Good luck and enjoy the fun. Can't wait to get a Revo stage 2 map on mine. Just have to fit the FMIC, sort out the leak from the manifold and fit the brakes. Should have been done ages ago just have'nt had the time. Might just send it into a garage to get it all sorted.

Good luck and enjoy the fun. Can't wait to get a Revo stage 2 map on mine. Just have to fit the FMIC, sort out the leak from the manifold and fit the brakes. Should have been done ages ago just have'nt had the time. Might just send it into a garage to get it all sorted.

My car was only meant to be slightly tweaked and staying Stage 1 but since meeting a few others on here at some local meets i have ended up making mine stage 2 (on a budget) most cost savings were done by fitting stuff myself (with some help) so am really happy and cant wait to see how it performs after having the software tweaked to use my supporting mods.

Will defo post up later tonight with my results that is if i am not down the local maccy d`s doing a bit of fast and furious with the local boy racers lol

I know what you mean. I was'nt gonna to modify this car at all until I found this site LOL. I usually do all the work myself also to keep costs to a minimum, just at the moment I don't have the time to spend a day or 2 tinkering around with the car and I really want to get this done asap.

I've got 1 more week till my car goes for it's custom map then I'll start tempting you with the mods you need for a Stage 3 K04 car :whistle2:

Going on the air flow results you've been getting I expect your car to make more then my Revo stage 2. Good luck.

I've got 1 more week till my car goes for it's custom map then I'll start tempting you with the mods you need for a Stage 3 K04 car :whistle2:

Going on the air flow results you've been getting I expect your car to make more then my Revo stage 2. Good luck.

please please let my bank balance recover before waving more mods infront of my face lol.

Still looking for a cheap set of porka brakes as thats an area i need to concentrate on next.

Stage 3 ko4 what does that involve

I've kind of made up the Stage 3 bit, I suppose it's more custom but it still uses a stock K04. This is the list:

- FMIC
- 3" intake with cone filter
- Large port head
- 550cc injectors
- Water Methanol Injection
- Performance exhaust manifold
- 3" down pipe
- Performance exhaust and de cat
- Forged rods

Think that's it :think:

What head is the apy engine
And do you definately need meth

Well just handed my keys over to jkm so should be stage 2 soon :)

All done :)

havnt been able to do any real testing as ****** traffic was really busy but 2nd 3rd and 4th pull well over 3k rpm and thje power delivery is very linear which is what i wanted.

Gonna head out later on tonight to my local private airfield :) and give it a proper test plus will see if i can get some logging done too.