Volks AutosSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

Booked in for my Stage 2 Revo :)

What up peeps.

After my success with installing my FMIC on friday night (well with alot of help from Tom) i have now got myself booked in at JKM in portsmouth for my stage 2 software update as they did my stage 1 for me so its only a £60 cost. So roll on Friday 4pm

Out of interest they have a rolling road but its only a 2wd one so which is the haldex fuse you can pull to disable it? a quick google search suggest that it is fuse 31 but just want to confirm this.

Cheers

Rob
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Revo Stg 2 & Select+, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    fuse 31.

hope it all goes well and you get some epic figures. your car seems healthy anyway with its freakishly high airflow

Status
    It'll be interesting to know what figures you make Bob

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    JKM have dyno'd many S3's in the past. I believe they usually go under the back of the car and pull the haldex plug instead as a safety thing. they'll do it all for you anyway so I wouldn't worry bob.

good luck, let us know the results!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Status
    Gonna do some logging this week before friday so i have some good before and after info.

Yeah am very excited to see what they can squeeze out of the old girl as she is running really well on the stage 1 setup at the mo.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Revo Stg 2 & Select+, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

4th Gear

Status
    Cool mate look forward to see what you get as I sad in your other thread may have to invest in fmic you have put on

Status
    Quick question :

When i upgrade to Stage 2 software whats the best spark plugs to go for as i am sure i read somewhere that going for a colder grade was better.

Secondly what colour spring is reccomended for the froge 007p on stage 2?

4th Gear

Status
    Ngk are recommended alot on here and the yellow spring should be good for your dv

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dre_S3 View Post
    Ngk are recommended alot on here and the yellow spring should be good for your dv
    Cool am already running the yellow spring so thats sorted.

Are the NGK the irirdium ones if so whats the part number so i can have a look at what they cost for set.

4th Gear

Status
    BKR6EIX-LPG

Status
    Found a few posts using the search function and looks like BKR7EIX are the ones to go for for stage 2 maps

this is the cheapest i have found a set for NGK Spark Plug Iridium BKR7EIX#x4 | eBay

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    6's for standard engines and mild tune, 7's for more tuned. 7's should be good for you.
    iridium just last a bit longer.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    6's for standard engines and mild tune, 7's for more tuned. 7's should be good for you.
    iridium just last a bit longer.
    Cheers bud

i only put a set of BKR7E`s in about 2000 miles ago so shall i run with thoise and then upgrade to the iridiums when i give the car a quick service next time?

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Cheers bud

i only put a set of BKR7E`s in about 2000 miles ago so shall i run with thoise and then upgrade to the iridiums when i give the car a quick service next time?
    as long as theyre gapped right they will be fine. as for getting iridiums when yours have expired (is it 20k?) then thats up to you. the fact they last longer just tells me a bit more durability, so i opted for iridium. i dont think the price difference is significant

Status
    cool will stick with what i have for now then as they are gapped right for the stage 2 mapping

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    If you want a cheap plug thats changed regularly, use the BKR7E.

If you want a plug you can put in and ignore for zillions of miles, PFR7Q.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Status
    Already using the BKR7E`s and for the price will just stick new ones in everytime i service the car.

What does a colder grade spark plug acheive?

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    BKR7E all the way!

£8 for a full set vs £35ish for iridium or platinum plugs, and if you do some reading up, they reckon the copper electrode dissipates heat better than irid. or plat. anyway.

use copper ones and replace with every service
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    BKR7E all the way!

£8 for a full set vs £35ish for iridium or platinum plugs, and if you do some reading up, they reckon the copper electrode dissipates heat better than irid. or plat. anyway.

use copper ones and replace with every service
    is that all they are for a set!? jesus

Status
    Yup cheap as chips really so am gonna stick with them as the iridiums are like 4 x the price

NGK Spark Plug Standard Kit BKR7E x4 | eBay

4th Gear

Status
    Good luck with remap tomorrow mate hope it goes well

Atb

Dre

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dre_S3 View Post
    Good luck with remap tomorrow mate hope it goes well

Atb

Dre
    Cheers mate,

Todays the day and am very excited cant wait for work to finish so i can get the car down to JKM @ 4pm!!

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Good luck mate...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Good luck mate...
    Hopefully i wont need luck and will just turn out uber awesome

3rd Gear

Status
    Good luck and enjoy the fun. Can't wait to get a Revo stage 2 map on mine. Just have to fit the FMIC, sort out the leak from the manifold and fit the brakes. Should have been done ages ago just have'nt had the time. Might just send it into a garage to get it all sorted.
    B5 v1 Tip, Relentless v2 Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear.

Now just waiting on my B5 exhaust manifold as the Relentless is goosed.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    Good luck and enjoy the fun. Can't wait to get a Revo stage 2 map on mine. Just have to fit the FMIC, sort out the leak from the manifold and fit the brakes. Should have been done ages ago just have'nt had the time. Might just send it into a garage to get it all sorted.
    My car was only meant to be slightly tweaked and staying Stage 1 but since meeting a few others on here at some local meets i have ended up making mine stage 2 (on a budget) most cost savings were done by fitting stuff myself (with some help) so am really happy and cant wait to see how it performs after having the software tweaked to use my supporting mods.

Will defo post up later tonight with my results that is if i am not down the local maccy d`s doing a bit of fast and furious with the local boy racers lol

3rd Gear

Status
    I know what you mean. I was'nt gonna to modify this car at all until I found this site LOL. I usually do all the work myself also to keep costs to a minimum, just at the moment I don't have the time to spend a day or 2 tinkering around with the car and I really want to get this done asap.
    B5 v1 Tip, Relentless v2 Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear.

Now just waiting on my B5 exhaust manifold as the Relentless is goosed.

Status
    ASN = Moneypit lol

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I've got 1 more week till my car goes for it's custom map then I'll start tempting you with the mods you need for a Stage 3 K04 car

Going on the air flow results you've been getting I expect your car to make more then my Revo stage 2. Good luck.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I've got 1 more week till my car goes for it's custom map then I'll start tempting you with the mods you need for a Stage 3 K04 car

Going on the air flow results you've been getting I expect your car to make more then my Revo stage 2. Good luck.

please please let my bank balance recover before waving more mods infront of my face lol.

Still looking for a cheap set of porka brakes as thats an area i need to concentrate on next.

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Booked in for my Stage 2 Revo :)

Stage 3 ko4 what does that involve

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz20vt View Post
    Stage 3 ko4 what does that involve
    I've kind of made up the Stage 3 bit, I suppose it's more custom but it still uses a stock K04. This is the list:

- FMIC
    - 3" intake with cone filter
    - Large port head
    - 550cc injectors
    - Water Methanol Injection
    - Performance exhaust manifold
    - 3" down pipe
    - Performance exhaust and de cat
    - Forged rods

Think that's it
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status

What head is the apy engine
    And do you definately need meth

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz20vt View Post
    What head is the apy engine
    And do you definately need meth
    Large port heads are only AGU or AEB so you have a small port one.

Meth isn't definitely needed but you wont get the best performance without it.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Status

Well just handed my keys over to jkm so should be stage 2 soon

6th Gear

Status

Good luck

Should have some good results with the airflow been making
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

Status

Fingers and toes crossed lol

2nd Gear

Status

When do you get it back mate

Status
    All done

havnt been able to do any real testing as bloody traffic was really busy but 2nd 3rd and 4th pull well over 3k rpm and thje power delivery is very linear which is what i wanted.

Gonna head out later on tonight to my local private airfield and give it a proper test plus will see if i can get some logging done too.

6th Gear

Status
    Did you not get figures before and after?
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast