rk engineering? in Cornwall sorry another remap post!

tonks s3

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm looking at putting my car in for her first remap.. I've fitted badger 5 tip,jetex filter with heatshield,008p and N249 delete. My amk S3 has done 124k was wondering if anyone on here has been to rk engineering and could let me know wat they are like! Cheers tonks

i had my custom code map done here, they sorted me with a passat for the day and fitted a new clutch switch for free (+ the cost of the switch at trade price) which sealed the deal for my customer service experience. I also rang up a year later to ask a few questions about a leaky turbo gasket that didnt even have anything to do with them and simon helped me out with some great info. at the time he took me for a spin in his s3 to show me what to expect from my amk and they had a 500+bhp r32 turbo half finished which looked crazy. all in all, a great experience! one more thing, they gave me the price that cc was offering in a deal a month before so £100 off! i think these are the guys to see in cornwall ;)

Ohhhh sounds awesome mate thankyou for that! Need to have it smoke tested too :( but will hopefully be looking at around 260bhp? I'm hoping! Haha will definitely get down there did u ring up and book? Sounds like they gave you a good deal then! :D

yeah, you will have to book it in, the main thing is making sure they have a courtesy car as they are out in the sticks, also, please bare in mind the cc deal / offer was over 3 years ago so you will have to talk to them about price, cheers, james

i no simon quite well...

he knows his stuff and loves s3 mine is stage one at the mo where do u live??

im in redruth simon wont bull-**** you he will tell you whats wrong what you need etc....

Cheers bud yeah will give them a call,
I live near hayle with the yellow S3 if you may of seen it, ahh cool mate yeah they do sound pretty good! What bhp you Getting from a stage 1?
Cheers

mine 265bhp then i have just got forge tip so holds boost better now ...

I would definately say that to is the place for Cornwall members

Hi RK Engineering would be able to offer the Custom-Code Phase 1 software suited to your vehicle for £250 inc VAT

The Phase 2 software which would be tuned specific to your modifications is £350 inc VAT

For the Phase 2 you would require the following modifications:

FMIC (recommended)
Downpipe and cat/decat with exhaust system
TIP
Air filter
DV

I hope this helps.

Cheers for that guys I'm booked in there on the 4th of October! :D looking forward to the results

do they do custom remaps? as in would they map my A3 with a ko4, bam injectors FMIC that sort of thing?

They are good guys at RK helped me out after my engine bent a com rod found out my turbo was over boosting. I seen that R32 they had down there it looked awesome.

How did you get on mate?
I think I saw you there I came up to see Simon in a silver s3
Did you get a printout on the dyno

do they do custom remaps? as in would they map my A3 with a ko4, bam injectors FMIC that sort of thing?

Hi Phil,

The software you would require would be the Phase 3 Custom-Code due to the injector change and turbo swap.

What engine code is the A3 as this will determine if RK can do the relevant software or not.

Anybody used these guys recently? Im looking to get my s3 mapped to stage 2 soon

I enquired but got put off when they kept mentioning stage software, made it sound like a normal flash. The drive to bill at B5 is well worth it

I've emailed them so will wait for a reply. There site states that stage 2 is a custom map and they seem to have good reviews above

Just checked out their site, looks like they've upped their game since I enquired. Too late for me anyways, badger 5 done my stage 1 so will be going back for stage 2! Well worth the 300 mile round trip