Anyone changed to clear side repeaters, if so is it easy?

TDI

Reaction score
I bought some clear ones and wanted to know the best way of removing and replacing with the new ones without scratching paint work on my wings.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have clear indicators but the small bulbs are still orange, so must change them too.

I read a post on here recently where someone changed them using a bit of plastic to ease the repeater out. If you can press on the clip on the rear side it should pop out.

NecroEire ,

How does it look with the orange bulbs when the repeaters are on?

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
On my A3 i removed the arch liner made it easy enough

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard was that to do and how long did the job take you to do.

Cheers

About 15 mins each side, just remove the screws IIRC they are torx star screws. Turn the wheels in to get enough access. You can then get your hand inside the wing.

[ QUOTE ]
NecroEire ,

How does it look with the orange bulbs when the repeaters are on?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant really tell. However you can buy some chrome bulbs that flash orange which will totally eliminate the orange /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

If you just push the whole repeater towards the front or back and pull out it will pup out. Its a 2 minute job.

Rich

Cheers chaps!

Sounds like something I can do, without getting it wrong.

Thanks

PICT0159.jpg

PICT0160.jpg

NecroEire,

What a bloke, top man for providing the pictures. I think I can live with the orange bulbs.

Thanks again for the pics ;-)

Just happened to have my camera with me today and went out to the car park for 2 min.

No bother mate.