Unleaded/super unleaded with a remap

mark_S3

Team Silver
Reaction score
Hello people.

Im new to Audi's and currently have a 2000 S3. The previous owner spent 1000's on her keeping her healthy. Anyway he spent £1800 at Demon Tweeks on a Milltek Cat Back, Milltek Hiflow CAT, K&N induction, and Superchips Remap. Not sure on what's it producing but think its over 250bhp mark.

Anyway, I find no different in performance or mpg when filling up with either Unleaded/Superleaded. I always use Shell Vpower but recently put normal fuelsave in and no difference. If anything fuelsave is better on mpg. I always thought and read that remapped carsrun better on Super and usually remapped to either Ron97/99.

Would you continue to use fuelsave and save yourself 5p/litre for basically the same product.

Cheers
Mark

I would just you super unleaded as its cleaner for the engine.

Plus 5p difference over 60 liters is £3 which isn't alot when it cost £70 to fill up anyway.

I don't mind buying Vpower but other week put Fuelsave in and found no difference at all but slight gain in mpg. Just though putting in unleaded might of caused it to run sluggish.

Do Superchips remap the car to run on Super? I'm new to Turbo and Remaps. Been use to N/A cars.

Remaps are mapped to be used with high octane fuel i do believe .

Thats what I read and thought but after putting in Fuelsave in thought to myself it made no difference at all. I do know the previous owner said he always used BP Super unleaded.
Will continue to use Vpower but just think if Fuelsave makes no difference in performance can't see why it's 5p cheaper.

The map is specific to the type of fuel. It's the min reason we are able to get so much out of our cars over here as opposed to other countries as our fuel is of a good consistant quality, this consistantly allows the engine to be optomised to suit it, hence more power. If you run it for a few tank fulls it will adapt and back the timing off, meaning more throttle to make the same speed off boost.

It's been proven that the difference in cost of the Vpower is offset against the extra MPG you get running it.

same for me, im sure mines chipped/mapped running 18psi and i feel no difference between the two.

but like above, 10p more per litre sounds alot but over a £40 full uo cost £2.79 more

The map is specific to the type of fuel. It's the min reason we are able to get so much out of our cars over here as opposed to other countries as our fuel is of a good consistant quality, this consistantly allows the engine to be optomised to suit it, hence more power. If you run it for a few tank fulls it will adapt and back the timing off, meaning more throttle to make the same speed off boost.

It's been proven that the difference in cost of the Vpower is offset against the extra MPG you get running it.

Cheers pal

same for me, im sure mines chipped/mapped running 18psi and i feel no difference between the two.

but like above, 10p more per litre sounds alot but over a £40 full uo cost £2.79 more

maybe you need to calibrate your butt dyno?

lol

Or the map is that conservative its never going to make use of decent octane fuel... OR its already adapted out the ign timing because of the low octane fuel.. either way....

meh

V-Power here aswell. I have to admit, I stuck some 95RON in once, as they sold out of V-Power, and I was running on fumes! The car felt more sprightly for a while, then the power dropped off slightly after 100 miles or so, so back in with V-Power. Tried Tesco's 99RON once aswell for a rolling road, no power gains based on similar figures of other cars, but it did feel like it had a bit more midrange torque at higher speeds.

I dont how you can't notice a difference.put it this way,I always use vpower.one day I was going bournemouth,so went to full up but there was no v power.put in the fuel save and the car felt sluggish like it wasn't as responsive as normal.wouldn't so it again though

possibly if maf is tired its not working so well anyhows, so the difference between good and mediocre fuel is minimal - just a thought