It's opinion time!

Greg-S3

Reaction score
Lady's and gentleman, so do I keep my standard S3 alloys and have them refurbed by my neighbour, or do I replace them with some (replica) BBS CH alloys! I can't decide, I'm genuinely torn between the two! And if the replica route wins, shall I stay on 17's or do I go 18?

stick with the standard as reps are normally poor quality compared to the Avus , I am just selling my bbs lm reps at the moment as i keep loosing the balancing on silly bumps . Either spend a lot of money on a decent set of reps and not a £400 set off ebay or stick with what Audi thought best Avus i my opinion . I am getting my 17" Avus rims refurbished as we speak and i am looking forward to getting them back where they belong !

I think I agree mate, but you know when you just get a itch to change it a little bit! That's what I'm going through! My friend got a set of the reps of eBay, and your spot on he has problems with his, but he does drive on some terrible roads! Maybe genuine? I really am struggling to decide!

If your thinking of getting some fork out for some genuine ones . Worth it in the long run and you wont have to be always on the look out for silly little bumps that cause a trip out get them balanced every time you hit one . When i have a spare £2000 i will look into getting some real bbs lms but till then i am running my 17s.

Ha ha that's the thing with genuine!! 2k is a lot of cash for wheels on a daily I reckon! Think that's why I am contemplating replica, just spent a wedge on having my car repainted!

18" Avus are nice and quality or your bbs ch are 1200 new . I suppose the only reason i say stick with the real thing is that i have only had bad experiences with reps ,you may have good ones who knows?

18" Avus are nice and quality or your bbs ch are 1200 new . I suppose the only reason i say stick with the real thing is that i have only had bad experiences with reps ,you may have good ones who knows?

18 inch avus a good idea, so off an A4 with hub adapters?

yeah mate , there like rocking horse **** tho but keep an eye out on ebay and gumtree and they do pop up.

images
Sweet!

Well mate, funny your should mention that because my friend has just took a set off his S4 and is selling his! (only problem being he is super tight and will want mega bucks for them) how much do they go for?

in good condition £400 is a good price
Well mate, funny your should mention that because my friend has just took a set off his S4 and is selling his! (only problem being he is super tight and will want mega bucks for them) how much do they go for?

Thats what im selling at the moment ,they look sooooooo good but best to buy a very very good set of reps or real or yet again no deal!

Sorry mate hope I've not offended you, do you have a picture of them fitted to your car I can have a gander at?

Im selling these wheels in the pic mate but two wheels are buckled due to the cheap quality of reps . The link was just a suggestion

Your wheels, rep or not do look super slick!! What wheels will you choose next when yours sell? How much are they? Can't you straighten them?

Your wheels, rep or not do look super slick!! What wheels will you choose next when yours sell? How much are they? Can't you straighten them?[/QUOTE

They can be straightened but i have been through this two times now meaning i have had to strip and repaint as well . These wheels owe me so much money you wouldn't believe it and i have finally had enough. Like i said earlier i going back to my avus 17" meaning no more hole , bump dodging , straightening and balancing issues any more !