Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi Dealer Tuning?

Hi guys hope that i'm not treading on already covered ground, but I have a question about Audi Stealers. I spoke to a friend who used to have an S3 and said that back in the mid 2000's his S3 had been re-mapped by the dealers to 225BHP because Audi were offering to do it if you bought a 210BHP S3. Firstly is this true? Secondly do the official Dealers actually offer Remaps and tuning and is it any good? Once again i'm sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it anywhere!

Thanks for the Help and replys in advance.

J

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I would just go to a local tuner who knows his stuff,if they did offer remaps you would pay through the nose for it I'm sure.

poking badgers with spoons
    Mouse Race Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MJtheGOAT View Post
    Hi guys hope that i'm not treading on already covered ground, but I have a question about Audi Stealers. I spoke to a friend who used to have an S3 and said that back in the mid 2000's his S3 had been re-mapped by the dealers to 225BHP because Audi were offering to do it if you bought a 210BHP S3. Firstly is this true? Secondly do the official Dealers actually offer Remaps and tuning and is it any good? Once again i'm sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it anywhere!

Thanks for the Help and replys in advance.

J
    the only time i have ever herd of this is when somebody that works at the dealers does remapping as a side job and they just pocket the extra cash that you pay for the map, a ford garage does it near to where i live.
    k03s/k04 hybrid a3 275bhp 293lbft
    vr6 mk2 golf gti

fellow north east members add your name to this list.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/north-e...%2A%2A%2A.html

6th Gear

Status

Audi Dealer Tuning?

MTM afaik is one of the only tuners supported by audi but are still not mapped or tuned at any dealerships that I've ever known of?
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

6th Gear

Status
    I think vw were doing this on the mk4 golf 150 models.pay something like 600 quid to get to 180 bhp?wtf
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

1st Gear

Status
    My local dealer offers mapping, but it literally subbed out, you book your car in, leave it with the dealer, during the day a man in a van turns up, maps your car and leaves!! The dealer adds 15% for the privilege!! They are just jumping on the band wagon!
    Audi S3 AMK in silver, cleaner than clean, it's just like a big lump of polished german glass!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I wouldn't be getting your car mapped at anywhere that doesn't have a dyno... these cars are old and 'generic' maps that are flashed on without checking for things like vac/boost leaks, timing pull and oil in the charge systems is a fast track to engine failure IMO...

Almost every car I have seen recently has an issue of some sort... vac leaks, excessive timing pull due to engine wear/haevy breating through PCV and/or turbo oil seals and other dodgy components... most of the cheap maps have crap fuelling and all the boost...

Yes I am a tad biased due to my weekend hobby but I see this stuff first hand and what looks like a healthy car on the outside nearly always isn't...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...