AH FabricationsBadger5
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

updated pics - comments welcome

Thought i would post up a few piccies as i have basically completed alot of the things i wanted to do to the car over the summer.

First off i spent a few weeks refurbing my OEM RSTT`s as the previous owner i think was a bit of curb magnet so they were looking pretty sorry for themselves. So i sanded them down and filled the damage using chemical. After this had set i re sanded the wheels as flat as i could (weasnt easy as one wheel basically the whole outer lip was damaged). I didnt get the tyres removed so i masked them off and then it was painting time so they had a nice coat of primer (2 cans) then next was some BMW sparkling graphite paint (5 cans) and finally some lacquer (3 cans). Now i am defo not the best painter in the world and on very close inspection ints not the best paint job in the world but concidering it cost me £60 in materials and of course alot of el bow grease i am pretty please with the results :

Quick pic of my new Apexi FMIC installed with my fogs and grills back in place keeping that OEM look

A few more pics of this install in this thread : FMIC fitted :)

Last is a cheap and cheerful one new my mini aeriel

Thanks for looking
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Cars coming along nicely bob.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Status
    Thanks mate,

I am pretty pleased with the old girl she scrubs up well but also needs a good polish too but detailing is next on my agenda after the stage 2 update is complete (oh and still keeping an eye out for a cheap set of porka brakes too lol).

Concidering i have only had the car 12months and wasnt really planning to mod it much other than the RNS-E upgrade (which i am still very proud of) its turned into a bit of a nice OEM+ car and i like to think that the mods i have done are making the car more intune with how "audi" should of done it or even released an RS3 version of the 8L.

Am also looking forward to seeing Tom`s (future on here )up and coming project as hopefully i will get to help him out with it and get my hands dirty again as i am sure that will give me the bug to see whats next for my car if i dont keep it as my daily drive
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

The Tangerine Machine

Status
    nice id lose the centre caps dont think they suit dark rims
    Sold 03 S3 Audi Exclusive Papaya Orange,
    New Car 05 Evo VIII FQ 340 MR 415bhp 400ftlbs

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Colly View Post
    nice id lose the centre caps dont think they suit dark rims
    I know what you mean but i kinda like this look too.

Neutral

Status
    Great car man! Love the wheels too

2nd Gear

Status
    Get your front splitter out! thats what i reckon would finish off the front nicely . Nice car mate and in the best colour of course as im a fellow ming !

2nd Gear

Status
    Also your missing a Audi-Sport.net sticker in the back window

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 JOHN View Post
    Get your front splitter out! thats what i reckon would finish off the front nicely . Nice car mate and in the best colour of course as im a fellow ming !
    Hmmm that might be a good idea

Also your missing a Audi-Sport.net sticker in the back window
    lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Well Hmmm about it lol this is mine
    Last edited by S3 JOHN; 16th September 2012 at 21:57.

Status
    Well Hmmm about it lol this is mine

cars looking nice john love the wheels and the refurb job you did on them. Yeah that LCR splitter does give it an aggressive front end. How does it cope with lowered suspension and speedbumps etc?

2nd Gear

Status
    Scrape! thats all i say lol . Iv got my aps as low as they go tho on the front but its not to bad , also works very well as a snow plough in the winter .My mum was very impressed with my drive clearing skills last winter! Yeah i do like the look of my wheels but im going back to standard 17"avus as im always loosing balancing with them , thats what you get with cheap reps i suppose .Live and learn !

Status
    Yeah i kinda like the fact that on my AP shocks and springs its lower but i can still hit speedbumps pretty quick with no issues and also my parents driveway is a bit of a challenge as its a gradient so even as it is it scrapes sometimes if you dont hit it at the right angle so might not be ideal for my needs but i do like the look.

Yeah I am gonna look for some 17" tyres for the TT wheels i have and then maybe give the wheels a guick spruce up too so i can use them over the winter instead of my RSTT`s as both are genuine ronals.