Chris NottBadger5
    Neutral

Status

2nd Audi A3 1.8TQS, remapped.

Now I know lots of this has been covered but things are always done differently and you rea and hear so many different things so I thought I'd start from scratch.

Had a 1.8tqs from 04-07, a 51 plate had my current one for 2 and half years on ARY engine I think. After huge amounts of reading about maps and air filters and DV's decided to jump in with both feet and get a remap from flash remapping in bexleyheath who use viezu technologies for their maps.

I must say it's pretty brutal and raw but that fits well with the character of the car I think anyway. But I love it, fantastic acceleration.

Now from here I'm not sure what I can even afford to do but my questions are as follows;

Do i need to do anything else?
    If so what and what first?

I'm thinking breaks and suspension and maybe a DV.

I've decided to stick with the boggo air filter (after volumes and volumess on the topic).

So would love to hear all your opinions on this and I'll post some pics soon as.

One thing I will say is that I really don't want to change the look of the car greatly. I'm not a boy racer as far as the cars appearance goes really prefer the Q-car.

Lastly any tips on fixing my lumbar support? It's electric and the motor is working but there must be something broken between motor and physical mechanism.

Cheers guys and gals!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Lots of info here and some manuals to look for the lumbar support issue.
    A3/S3 FAQ / How To's / Tuning Info STICKIES - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
    Last edited by voorhees; 15th September 2012 at 17:00. Reason: typo

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Brakes is always a good upgrade. Tyres and brakes for me is one of the most important things to upgrade! for your car an upgrade would be S3 312mm brakes and calipers. Or just get some Ferodo DS2500 Pads with some standard discs.. Suspension, well up to you really.. I have Bilstein B8's with H&R springs coupled with Neuspeed anti-roll bars front and rear and tie arms.. Thats if you wanna go that far..

Im not really sure why your lumbar support isnt working, you may need to remove your seat and firstly check the connections at the bottom of the seat.. then check the power supply to the motor that moves the lumbar, if its knackered then prob better off getting a new seat. Im not sure who used to supply them seats back in them days, might be LEAR who did it so if you contact them you might be able to get a replacement motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

1st Gear

Status
    I also have a 2001 TQS I have done a few things myself but I havent decided on what I want to do with the car yet. So far I have done the S3 brake upgrade (very cheap all you need is caliper carriers and disks), I have put the car on AP coilovers very nice ride, the N249 delete, smoothed airbox, and s3 interior (door cards and seats) all the essesntials/easy mods before power increases.

Suspension (£460 all in as I did the work myself easy job)
    Brakes (£200)
    Interior (£250)
    N249 (£5)

as others have said suspension tyres and brakes are probably the most important things to upgrade to keep you and others safe.

Im planning on either blanking off the EGR or run a catch can system with an exhaust to atmosphere.

I've just had the car back from the garage after asking them to check out an exhaust leak, they had a quick look as its coming from the manifold area, they didn't want to go any further as they said if it turns out to be the turbo then they can't give me the car back to drive untill it is fixed.

So I may take this oportunity to put a K04 turbo on and go after power, but I will have to have a look into this as to cost of parts .....

hope this helps
    A3 1.8TQS Minge blue
    Mods: AP coilovers, Strut Brace, Merc wheels, S3 brakes, hopefully going BT soon

Neutral

Status
    Thanks guys. Missed out on a set of S3 rear discs today on ebay, were going for abut £15 including package and missed the end of the auction. Bug*er! Gonna keep looking on ebay and on here for cheap partsfor brakes and suspension and gradually do that. Would love a full set of Brembo's or something equivalent but gonna have to wait until got the cash. Boo! :-(

come fly with me

Status
    Local lad I see! Post pics of your car mate!
    S3 front brake setup is easy plenty around too! For the rear you wil need to cut the cover attached to the hub in order to fit the s3 discs. No major drama though. I would deffo look into getting a dv as the standard plastic one is a bit poo.
    <Jay A3 build thread>

241bhp K03s - R Tech