Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aragorn

Thread: Pipe werx exhaust

Neutral

Status

Pipe werx exhaust

Hi all

Been looking into getting a cat-back exhaust but not sure on what size exhaust. Emailed Jeff at pipe werx,told him i didn't want anything too noisy/droning but wanted to notice the difference when when accelerating.
    He suggested a 2.5" with standard look twin exit back box for £375 all in fitted. Has anyone here had this size fitted and did they notice much noise difference or do i need a down pipe/de-cat aswell?

Cheers,Tony

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Well mate the Downpipe make a lot of difference as well as the mani relentless are doin them cheaper than the pipe werz one by 100 look at my pics on the feed above pal there a lot better now.
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Year/model of the car in question?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Will have a nosey s3gazz.

The car is a 2001 s3 amk

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Std system is 2.5"... Miltek is 2.75" iirc... downpipe makes more of a difference to the engine than a cat back... helps bring EGTs down making the engine a happier place and the ECU won't be fighting the heat so much meaning you will have your power for longer... aftermarket downpipes are typically 3" and reduce down to 2.5"

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    So would this be good with standard system? Audi 1.8t tt S3 Golf 3inch Downpipe and 200 cell sports cat | eBay

5th Gear

Status
    I pal your car is the same as mine And if u look up relentless on eBay they do them with gaskets and take four days to come same tho
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

6th Gear

Status
    Tony you could get the same set up as mine (but twin tips), it was really quiet on the motorway inside the car but sounded meaty outside on boost

3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    What did that cost you Sandip?
    s3clarke likes this.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    yes how much was that? looks nice!

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

seat leon cupra r owner

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yicker View Post
    So would this be good with standard system? Audi 1.8t tt S3 Golf 3inch Downpipe and 200 cell sports cat | eBay
    That is not the new v3 model, contact me by pm and I can get you the latest product

BADGER 5 TUNED gt2871, 360bhp 360ftlb

5th Gear

Status
    ye how much sandip looks great id have the silencer took out tho ha

6th Gear

Status
    I've been tempted to take the middle box out myself too but currently my car is quite loud outside but quiet inside and i think the middle box is helping to keep the booming away in the cabin

I had the system put on ages ago so i've forgot the price, it was when Ian Birch was at Pipewerx, from memory though i think it was around £350-£400.
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

5th Gear

Status
    Oo Sandip that's tempting mate I like better than the milltek and cheaper too just don't no if the sound is better I like it loud my self and the milltek ain't really without a silencer so if yours is loud and has a silencer then god it will sound good on full boost emmm might sell will car of road. Can u get same one delivers pal as I no how to fit em thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Changed my mind I'm getting a pipe Werz £450 including fitting for full 3" o yes oval tip nice sandip u got a vid of yours pal