Gauging interest - team dynamics pro race 1.2 - potential group buy

Munch

Reaction score
Hey all,

Ive been in contact with Rimstock, suppliers of team dynamics wheels and they are keen to get a group buy going with Audi-sport.

What I am wanting from this post, is people to post up they're interest in this form:

Size : 17" / 18" etc
Width: 7j / 7.5j / 8j etc
Offset : et
Stud pattern : 5x100
Colour :

Please see the Rimstock website for colours etc (they have custom colours now too, green, orange, red etc)

I have been liaising with westy as he was the main interest other than myself for this buy. The size he wants is a bespoke size, so will have to be custom made. Rimstock have agreed that if anyone wants anything particular, they can be made.

Prices will be determined on wheels specifics, ie, bigger and wider wheel will cost more than smaller and thinner wheel.

I cannot start a group buy thread Neil I have prices and number targets, so please treat this as an interest thread.

Thanks
Ben

Id be interested depending on price? Would be for 17x8, et 20, 5x100, silver or black

I want the same as westy lol.

Only problem is im skint so when we planning on doing this? I need mi bank balance to recover at mi brake spending lol.

I want the same as westy lol.

Only problem is im skint so when we planning on doing this? I need mi bank balance to recover at mi brake spending lol.

Everyone will be different but we don't really want the GB to run for months. For me, Ideally I'd like to be able to get the wheels before ADI but we'll have to see what Rimstock agree to.

Price dependent i mat be able to purchase soon but if not i may have to drop out, post the prices up and ill see were
i stand, would love these but got to be sensible with crimbo on the door.

Would be interested pending price!

Would be interested in:

- Pro Race 1.2
- Anthracite
- 18" x 8J
- Stardard et is 35, but most people use 20mm spcaers to get them to the arches. So what would that make it?
- 5x100
- 57.1 which I believe is the centre bore for VAG hubs

Would be interested pending price!

Would be interested in:

- Pro Race 1.2
- Anthracite
- 18" x 8J
- Stardard et is 35, but most people use 20mm spcaers to get them to the arches. So what would that make it?
- 5x100

You will need to check on the rimstock site to see the max/min ET that they can do for the wheel you want. For example the 17" Pro Race 1.2s only go to ET20.

I could be very interested depending on how much they'd be going for.

Hey guys, I don't mean to be rude, but as I said at the start, what I'm wanting is the specification of wheel, colour etc you are after. I know the price will make or brake some choices, but until i get specs and numbers, I can't get prices.......the more I get, the lower the price, simples :D

Well like said id want the same as westicles spec.

If be interested too depending when this will be

Hey, what wheels, size, width and offset. I'm trying to get this done as soon as possible, so that we can get prices and definite names.

I'm phoning Rimstock back on Thursday with the numbers so far, then at least he can work out prices for that amount, then we know the more we get, the cheaper it's going to get.

Right guys, as the interest is being made, I'm writing up a list of details.

I will be phoning Andy Thursday, so have a few days left to get the initial interest, then prices will be edited in as per wheel specifics

after the following ben

- Pro Race 1.2
- Anthracite
- 18" x 8J
- 5x100

as to et bit dumb but i dont no what i want what ever will look the best mines lowered got tie arm on and spacers 20mm on the back 15mm on front

as to et bit dumb but i dont no what i want what ever will look the best mines lowered got tie arm on and spacers 20mm on the back 15mm on front

Gazz you need to do the following. Take the ET of your wheels without spacers eg. ET32. Then deduct the size of your spacers from that number. So ET32 - 15mm spacer gives you ET17. Work out what you've got at the moment and you can order wheels that have the same offset to keep the look.

westy do i take the measurment with the spacer on mate as ill have brembos too do u run spacers i want the wheels to be inline with the arches thats all

westy do i take the measurment with the spacer on mate as ill have brembos too do u run spacers i want the wheels to be inline with the arches thats all

No you do how I mentioned above.

What wheels are you running currently? What are their ET? You need to take that number and subtract the number of the size of your spacers. That will give you the current ET you are running with the spacers on. You can then get the TDs in that ET.

It's about as simple as it gets without giving people a bib.

32-15 is what Westy is asking.

Obviously depends on your wheel ET, but that's about the sum of it.

my wheels are the rs4 standered s3 wheels 18" with 10mm spacer up front and 20mm rear

my wheels are the rs4 standered s3 wheels 18" with 10mm spacer up front and 20mm rear

I'm sure someone else will confirm but I believe that those wheels are ET33, so we deduct the spacer number form that. You've changed your mind on your front spacer size! Is it 15mm or 10mm?

Front if 10mm will give you an ET of 23
Front if 15mm will give you an ET of 18

Rear with 20mm will give you an ET of 13

So that's what you'd need ET23 or 18 for front and ET13 rear.

Reactions: Munch
Interested. But would depend entirely on the price.

<£400 and it would be very tempting
400> and it would be less so

Whats the typical retail on them? Obviously if the retail is 800quid then the chances they'll come in for less than 400 is small. If the retail is 500 then it might be plausible!

I'd be after (Probably):

Pro Race 1.2
5x112
17x7.5
ET38
Anthracite or Orange.

Ben, do you think it's worth us linking this thread on a few of the other chassis boards on ASN as I'm sure others will be interested and it'll boost numbers?

Yeah mate, that's what I suggested in our pm, I have 10 names with specs, but still, if other models are wanting wheels, I'm more than happy for them to jump on board

I'm sure someone else will confirm but I believe that those wheels are ET33, so we deduct the spacer number form that. You've changed your mind on your front spacer size! Is it 15mm or 10mm?

Front if 10mm will give you an ET of 23
Front if 15mm will give you an ET of 18

Rear with 20mm will give you an ET of 13

So that's what you'd need ET23 or 18 for front and ET13 rear.

thanks mate so much got 10mm on sorry byt wanted 15mm to fill the arches if i can get away with this by just the alloy et then that be better u not running spacers pal

As with many above, would be very interested price dependant...

- Pro Race 1.2
- Anthracite
- 18" x 8J
- ET20
- 5x100
- 57.1 centre bore

I would be interested, just need to move my mtm's first though,

Pro race 1.2
Silver or anthracite
18x 8j or 8.5j
5x100
ET 20
Centre bore 57.1

Just an heads up i had to get my wheel to ET18 to clear the Brembos, it depends on spoke design too..

What ive done in the past is ask for a PDF file of the technical drawing of the wheel. You can basically cut it out, allowing you to line it up to the hub centre and see if it clears the caliper. Again, when I phone up tomorrow, I will as for this

What ive done in the past is ask for a PDF file of the technical drawing of the wheel. You can basically cut it out, allowing you to line it up to the hub centre and see if it clears the caliper. Again, when I phone up tomorrow, I will as for this

That's a good idea.

Dave, don't your jap wheels have a dish though?