Nearside Drive shaft oil seal

B1GW1L

Reaction score
Guys

Anyone know where i can order a N/S Drive shaft oil seal from most garages have said its an audi dealer only part im hoping someone on here can advise me otherwise?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried the usual places?
Eurocarparts/GSF/Andrew Page

Can't see it being that expensive to be honest from main dealer

It won't be anymore than £20 from a dealer, it'll fit well and won't leak, after market oil seals aren't worth the trouble!

OKay so ill get it from a main dealer anyone know if theres a thread for fitting it yourself or would it be better to take it to a garage and get it done?

I presume you need a ramp ?

OKay so ill get it from a main dealer anyone know if theres a thread for fitting it yourself or would it be better to take it to a garage and get it done?

I presume you need a ramp ?

You can do it on axle stands. I did mine. You need a spline tool to undo the bolts and a fair few extensions to reach the bolts where the shaft bolts to the gearbox. You will also need a CV boot too to do up the annoying clips.

I broke my clip tool on the last CV boot and ended up just going to a garage. It's not the cheapest job labour wise but it's a ****** messy job. If you have all the tools, give it a go.

Reactions: fanta