Interior lights pulsing

Tobe

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a weird problem with my interior lights, it only happens when ignition is on/engine running and the passenger door is opened. the interior lights (front and back) pulse on and off, they fade on and off continously until the door is closed again. if the car is being locked/unlocked they work fine, if the drivers door is opened they work fine. if the ignition is not on and you open the passenger door to get in they fade on as normal. i cant see how it could be door sensor as that should mean that it should just not work at all right? and only when ignition on? when it does it i can hear a relay click on and off behind the dash. Vag com shows no faults in central locking or anything. i have tried pulling and replugging relays, removed door card and fiddled with door sensors as i heard audi use really thick grease which can mess up open and closed sensors.

anyone had this before? so annoying at night when someone is getting out of the car :L

thanks

Had this for months, well since i have owned the car, on the drivers side for me though, proper annoying, even more so when i have changed to Green LED lights, looks like a ****** disco, lol

I'd be looking for a bad earth, slip the rubber boot back between the A post and the door that covers the wiring up, I'd imagine you'll find a poor wire of some form in there

thanks, ill have a look at the earth tonight, didn't even think of that. if it was an earth i would have thought it would be more random.

at least you havent got those multicolored changing ones :) i'll let you know if i find a fix

thanks, ill have a look at the earth tonight, didn't even think of that. if it was an earth i would have thought it would be more random.

at least you havent got those multicolored changing ones :) i'll let you know if i find a fix

Let us know Tobe how you get on before i start on mine, sort of learned to live with mine now, but be nice to know if this fixes it

Let us know Tobe how you get on before i start on mine, sort of learned to live with mine now, but be nice to know if this fixes it

no problem will do, didn't have a chance yesterday, was busy repining the engine loom plugs on my mates bodged unreliable rs turbo, piece of poo fords :L its fun when it works, spins up in 4th gear, nothing like german stuff tho

The defo sounds like a S2 RS Turbo then, wouldn't get get that from the S1, lol

Sounds like me brothers S1, its is running 310bhp, eats evo's for breakfast, quite funny when ya come past em at 160+mph,lol

The defo sounds like a S2 RS Turbo then, wouldn't get get that from the S1, lol

Sounds like me brothers S1, its is running 310bhp, eats evo's for breakfast, quite funny when ya come past em at 160+mph,lol

yeh its an s2, its pretty solid just the previous owner that bodged the engine right up when putting it in, its a mk4 combi van only 30 left on the road, gets a lot of looks. and best part is my friend cant get insured, so i did and i get to drive it everywhere :)

that link looks good, few things to try now, earth, convenience ecu and cl pump.

my door lights (red one and puddle) fade on and off with the interiors when it happen on mine