Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Interior lights pulsing

Hi,

I have a weird problem with my interior lights, it only happens when ignition is on/engine running and the passenger door is opened. the interior lights (front and back) pulse on and off, they fade on and off continously until the door is closed again. if the car is being locked/unlocked they work fine, if the drivers door is opened they work fine. if the ignition is not on and you open the passenger door to get in they fade on as normal. i cant see how it could be door sensor as that should mean that it should just not work at all right? and only when ignition on? when it does it i can hear a relay click on and off behind the dash. Vag com shows no faults in central locking or anything. i have tried pulling and replugging relays, removed door card and fiddled with door sensors as i heard audi use really thick grease which can mess up open and closed sensors.

anyone had this before? so annoying at night when someone is getting out of the car :L

thanks
    A3 1.8t stage 2 re-homed
    A6 2.7t stage 1

I have Vag-com & Lemmiwinks for non Can-B Vag cars - in Nailsea (bristol) happy for people to use it if they come to me

"If its not broken, then you need to fix it some more"

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ruffrida On Twitter Visit ruffrida's Youtube Channel
    Had this for months, well since i have owned the car, on the drivers side for me though, proper annoying, even more so when i have changed to Green LED lights, looks like a feckin disco, lol
    B6 1.9tdi Quattro Avant Sport,
    Full zenon bulb kit, Plug and Play chip @165bhp, EGR Delete pipe, Chrome Mirrors, Chrome side repeaters, wind deflectors, Front center arm rest, LED number plate bulbs (when they work), Rear tints, De-Badge Rear, 19" BBS LM's,De-Wiper
    Coming soon -35mm Springs, De-cat pipe.
    Wish List; FMIC, BV43 turbo, Bigger Remap, Fat Clutch, Stereo upgrade, Full Stainless with twin exit !
    Chuck it in & pin it out, nothing better than doing it in the dirt !!

1st Gear

Status
    I'd be looking for a bad earth, slip the rubber boot back between the A post and the door that covers the wiring up, I'd imagine you'll find a poor wire of some form in there
    Audi S3 AMK in silver, cleaner than clean, it's just like a big lump of polished german glass!

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks, ill have a look at the earth tonight, didn't even think of that. if it was an earth i would have thought it would be more random.

at least you havent got those multicolored changing ones i'll let you know if i find a fix
    A3 1.8t stage 2 re-homed
    A6 2.7t stage 1

I have Vag-com & Lemmiwinks for non Can-B Vag cars - in Nailsea (bristol) happy for people to use it if they come to me

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Tobe View Post
    thanks, ill have a look at the earth tonight, didn't even think of that. if it was an earth i would have thought it would be more random.

at least you havent got those multicolored changing ones i'll let you know if i find a fix
    Let us know Tobe how you get on before i start on mine, sort of learned to live with mine now, but be nice to know if this fixes it
    Full zenon bulb kit, Plug and Play chip @165bhp, EGR Delete pipe, Chrome Mirrors, Chrome side repeaters, wind deflectors, Front center arm rest, LED number plate bulbs (when they work), Rear tints, De-Badge Rear, 19" BBS LM's,De-Wiper
    Wish List; FMIC, BV43 turbo, Bigger Remap, Fat Clutch, Stereo upgrade, Full Stainless with twin exit !

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffrida View Post
    Let us know Tobe how you get on before i start on mine, sort of learned to live with mine now, but be nice to know if this fixes it
    no problem will do, didn't have a chance yesterday, was busy repining the engine loom plugs on my mates bodged unreliable rs turbo, piece of poo fords :L its fun when it works, spins up in 4th gear, nothing like german stuff tho
    A3 1.8t stage 2 re-homed
    A6 2.7t stage 1

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

The defo sounds like a S2 RS Turbo then, wouldn't get get that from the S1, lol

Sounds like me brothers S1, its is running 310bhp, eats evo's for breakfast, quite funny when ya come past em at 160+mph,lol

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Just been having a look around and found this interior light flashing - AudiForums.com

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    CL Pump controls the interior illumination.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    CL Pump controls the interior illumination.
    So could it be this that is causing the pulsating, mine only does it every now and then, and when it does the door lights dont work!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffrida View Post
    The defo sounds like a S2 RS Turbo then, wouldn't get get that from the S1, lol

Sounds like me brothers S1, its is running 310bhp, eats evo's for breakfast, quite funny when ya come past em at 160+mph,lol
    yeh its an s2, its pretty solid just the previous owner that bodged the engine right up when putting it in, its a mk4 combi van only 30 left on the road, gets a lot of looks. and best part is my friend cant get insured, so i did and i get to drive it everywhere

that link looks good, few things to try now, earth, convenience ecu and cl pump.

my door lights (red one and puddle) fade on and off with the interiors when it happen on mine
    A3 1.8t stage 2 re-homed
    A6 2.7t stage 1

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Sounds pretty much the same problem then, let us know how you get on Tobe