Service light popped up - what do you guys do?

Squirrelofdoom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So my service in 1000 miles just popped up on start-up of the car. Just a bit of a poll really. Do most of you guys (with mods) still send it to a garage, or just service it yourself?

Also, if you had stuff like the N249 delete and oil catch-can/PCV delete etc done, what would actually happen if you sent it to a garage to get it serviced? Would they panic and throw it back at you? Anyone got any experience with this?

Final thing, how do I reset the warning lol :)

Cheers,
Aran

Hi guys,

So my service in 1000 miles just popped up on start-up of the car. Just a bit of a poll really. Do most of you guys (with mods) still send it to a garage, or just service it yourself?

Also, if you had stuff like the N249 delete and oil catch-can/PCV delete etc done, what would actually happen if you sent it to a garage to get it serviced? Would they panic and throw it back at you? Anyone got any experience with this?

Final thing, how do I reset the warning lol :)

Cheers,
Aran

Basic service, do it yourself. Unless you are worried about getting stamps in the service history.

VCDS will turn the service light off.

For a general service, a garage is unlikely to even notice the n249 has been removed, and the catch can shouldn't bother them really.

Cool, thanks Reesy. Is there an Audi checklist somewhere of what they do on a service? Both basic and long-life? Would be cool to have with me so I can check everything off.

thanks steve, saw that thread but seemed a bit hit and miss. Think VCDS is the way to go

I just reset it myself on mine. Mine needs an oil change actually, not done one in 2years! But I've only covered 3k miles or so! lol

I just reset mine yesterday using vagcom.

If you want I can post up a guide.

dont worry about it, i dont have vagcom, so i'll take it to someone nearby with it anyway