Fault codes

Goubo1

Reaction score
Hi managed to get my car scanned this morning with vcds lite to see what was up with my haldex
it came back with fault code

01155 - clutch
04-00. Mechanical malfunction

Does anyone know a fix for this ??

Morning Robert, glad you got the car scanned. Did one of the guys get back to you? One of the guys will be along shortly to advise you. :) x

Morning Robert, glad you got the car scanned. Did one of the guys get back to you? One of the guys will be along shortly to advise you. :) x

No not yet but a mate had a cheap eBay cable and gave me it,

Anyone know if this can be fixed? or is a new diff?

Out of interest have you cleared the codes and rescanned incase any are old codes that were never cleared?

Have a look at this, most say it was cured with a new diff, but some have been lucky and replaced only the pump

***Copied from VWVortex***

Just wanted to provide an update on my situation and, hopefully, help expand the knowledge base for this issue.

I ended up taking the car to Douglas VW in NJ and after diagnosing the car and finding this code, I had them replace the electric precharge pump and change the fluid. For me, I was lucky enough to have this solve my problem and my all wheel drive finally works again! (Thanks Brian, Patryk, and whoever else worked on the car. Greatest dealership to work with!
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
)

One thing I noticed while searching for other people with this code. It looks like this AWD code commonly appears in two ways:

01155 - Clutch mechanical
00-04 - Intermittent

-and-

01155 - Clutch mechanical
00-00 - Failure

My code was coming up as intermittent and the pump failed to cycle on while running an output test through VAG COM. The solution to my problem was replacing the pump. The electrical motor must have been binding up, causing the AWD to not function properly, though not completely fail. Therefore, this lead me to believe that the Haldex unit itself was still ok and only the pump motor had to go.

Good luck to anyone else that experiences this problem in the future!

VWVortex.com - AWD Fault Code #01155 - Clutch, Mechanical Malfunction

Could this fault be thrown up by some thing else like a speed sensor or that?

I have found a diff with with pump and ecu for a good price if I replace the whole diff will that cure the fault 01155?

Well managed to source a diff with haldex controller got the haldex oil and filter changed before it went on the car and got my 4wd back again :) and what a difference it's made to car never thought it was that good till I got it back again