Struggling to start when engines hot

James TQ

Reaction score
If the engine is hot and i go to start it again it take a good 5 seconds of it trying to get started then the revs dip up and down, I have cleaned the injectors and the TB, I have a cold air flow pipe from the front bumper, any ideas why??

Also I am looking at getting a Jetex cone filter, what size do I need for my tip, it's a standard one, cars a 1.8tqs,

Thanks

Could be a few things, hard to say without more details but possibly the crank sensor, low compression when hot, coil packs, spark plugs, air mass meter etc have you had the car scanned for fault codes?

Alternator maybe...? health check it - always the best way to find out.

Rather not hand it in for a health check I think id be depressed with what comes back!

If the engine is hot and i go to start it again it take a good 5 seconds of it trying to get started then the revs dip up and down, I have cleaned the injectors and the TB, I have a cold air flow pipe from the front bumper, any ideas why??

Also I am looking at getting a Jetex cone filter, what size do I need for my tip, it's a standard one, cars a 1.8tqs,

Thanks

Did you ever get this problem sorted, I've got the exact same problem that you describe.

Reactions: DazCov