mad max diverter

jezzy

Reaction score
so after a lot of reading and research i decided to try the mad max diverter.
Bought a evo 9 diverter for £60 ebay.
Turned up, did the fill on the oem hole and drilled the new one.
Fitted and went for a spin.
i did not crush the top part yet, im not running huge boost and fitted backwards( reversal of normal dv fitting)
First thoughts are very impressive.
Very responsive and good pick up between changes.
off to work now so i will let you know how it works on a longer run.

I need a new d.v. I've been looking at these and the forge 008p let us know how you get on with it

Have a look on the ttforum, big thread on there on them....

Thanks mate I've just read about them what are your opinions should i get the mad max or the forge 008

Had mine fitted for about 3 weeks and love it, its the actual one off max, noise, response etc is immense, just a shame about the price.

To be honest I have never used one, for the simple reason it's a DV, it has no performance enhancement, the forge DV's are good and so are 3rd party ones. As long as it holds boost and opens when it should it doesn't matter who or what make it is in my opinion! Buy it if you feel like something different but it's not going to change your life. It's better than stock , which is all that matters!

But listen to those that have used

Dan i totally agree but this is a defo improvement over the forge 008 that i ran, throttle response is better and back on boost is better if that makes sense.

It's funny as its the "BIGGEST" thing on ttforum at the moment but things like Wellys coolers, b5 tips , hybrids all seem to be behind..

Maybe we're all being a bit slow now with this!

I have a bailey valve at the moment was on the car when i got it the threads in the plastic nipple where the small hose goes to are stripped its loose and I would like to replace my valve for this reason

It's funny as its the "BIGGEST" thing on ttforum at the moment but things like Wellys coolers, b5 tips , hybrids all seem to be behind..

Maybe we're all being a bit slow now with this!

you are talking about the TT forum tho..... lol

it has to be both cheap, and shiney

A little update.
Last night on the way home, coil pack gave the ghost (was trying the tfsi uprade coils)
Got home just.
So this morning refitted my old bolt downs and went to pick up my xs manni gasket (wrong one will have to wait till monday now to fit xs)
Any way i would recommend this valve, you can feel the difference between gear changes and pick up.
im glad i took plunge, the valve all in all cost me about £100 with reducers and hose.
Dani does The hole in your valve go all the way through to the internal chamber? or does it just penetrate the first skin?
This is the only part i didnt understand
The valve is double skinned where the hole is
My valve is deffo not shiney lol

Sure mine goes all the way through mate, ill double check and let you know. Got any pucs of your setup? I didnt use reducers, i just fitted a 35mm t piece on my coldside dv kit and Used a 35mm elbow onto the t for opitmal flow lol.

Ya got pics dan won't mind one ha is it louder than the 007p and feel better or u not had one pal

Ill post aome up tomorrow pal, its massive at side of the 008, and yeah i e got one, the soind is awesome compared to the forge ones, nice little flutter chcked in too.

Thanks dani
Will drill all the way through then. and crush the top.
Will do picks on monday mate (cars in bits a mo, xs mani being fitted)

Yeah sure it needs drilling all the way, also dont crush the top
too
much, only needs doing a littlw.

Where would i find one of these mad max dv's and would thry suit a non mapped a3 1.8t
Cheers grant