lcr topmount bushes are they worth the extra cost

harvey01

Reaction score
ive got a topmount out and need new one i can get standerd s3 ones for £22 for two or the lcr ones are £26 each for a road car with coilovers
is it worth the extra cost ?

When I fitted LCR top mounts the car felt noticeably more 'together' and certainly stiffer. Improved the handling a lot though my top mounts weren't in the best condition.

well ive orderd some psi ones but there is a two week waiting list :sign_omg:

ive got a topmount out and need new one i can get standerd s3 ones for £22 for two or the lcr ones are £26 each for a road car with coilovers
is it worth the extra cost ?

LOL - there is 8 quid in it, big extra cost ;)

well psi say they dont make the ride any harder than lcr ones but im just after the lack of knocking they should deliver

LOL - there is 8 quid in it, big extra cost ;)

I read that as £22 for a set of TWO standard S3 top mounts, or £26 EACH for the LCR ones, so more like a £30 difference?

It's not a lot of difference though in the grand scheme of things, less than half a tank of fuel!

My brothers LCR doesn't feel stiffer than my S3, so I'm not sure how much they actually contribute to handling compared to things like shocks/springs/camber/tyre pressures/tyre make etc etc.

I read that as £22 for a set of TWO standard S3 top mounts, or £26 EACH for the LCR ones, so more like a £30 difference?

It's not a lot of difference though in the grand scheme of things, less than half a tank of fuel!

My brothers LCR doesn't feel stiffer than my S3, so I'm not sure how much they actually contribute to handling compared to things like shocks/springs/camber/tyre pressures/tyre make etc etc.

I got a B in GCSE maths but that one got me a fail haha - still 30 quid, nothing.

the standerd s3 ones where with bearings and vat at £22 the lcr ones where £26+ vat and then + bearings at about £20 the pair so its a lot more .The psi ones where £40 posted and £8.40 for the bearing so a lot cheaper