stereo removal... how the......?

karl210

Reaction score
For months now the rear speakers and sub havent worked so i finally ordered the stereo keys and got them today. I did the research so they're definately the right ones.
Ok so i went to put all 4 in and only 2 clicked in place, the top left and the bottom right. The other 2 wouldnt lock on but there was resistance so i tried to pull it out and prise it a little bit, anyway it half came out but no luck with the full thing. So after giving up the 2 good keys are stuck in and the stereo wont fully go back in and now it wont work properly, it kind of comes on but i have no screen or any control! is cutting it out my only option?

just incase anyone else struggles getting theres out even with keys there is still a way, i took the glove box, drivers lower dash and unscrewed the centre console and it all pulls out, you can then either get behind it to do what you wanted to do or if you want the unit fully out you can see the clips and prise them open with a screwdriver and bosh its out, jobs a fish

As stated so many times, you should not use the keys to physically pull the unit out, insert them to release the locking springs but remove the glovebox and push the HU from behind. If you pull on the keys to get it out you will damage the locking springs if the key hasn't engaged properly and then the unit will be jammed in. If this is the case then you need to force the unit out.